Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Cartography for Enhanced Client

- - - - - cartography treasure maps Plot Course Enhanced Client Maps Treasure Hunting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

dukereece

dukereece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

In the Classic Client, Cartography had but one practical application other than deciphering treasure maps. This use was in pinpointing the chest to dig it up.  You could plot an X-course from corner to corner on the treasure map, get somewhere near it, and make a local map.  You could then plot another X-course on the local map, and compare landmarks to get as close as possible to the chest.  I really like the features of the Enhanced client, but when you plot a course on the map, it only lays down a pin, and doesn't connect them with lines, so you can't make that oh so helpful X.  I have found that I have to switch to Classic Client to pinpoint a chest, and then switch back to dig it up and fight the spawn.  I would like to see the connecting lines added back in to the Enhanced Client's Course Plotting feature.  

Sure there are archives of treasure maps, but they are very incomplete (and often inaccurate), especially when it involves a map that isn't in Trammel or Felucca.  Even these, however, are not completely accurate.  There are several different archives with discrepancies in coordinates between them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cartography, treasure maps, Plot Course, Enhanced Client, Maps, Treasure Hunting