Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Shapeshifting Template

6 replies to this topic

gbb

gbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello,

I'm seeking template suggestions that would take advantage of the animal forms in Ninjitsu which would also allow me to stealth.

A ninja mage would be awesome!

Please advise.

Thanks,

Edit: what should my int, str, dex be?

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Well you would obviously need Ninjitsu, Hiding and Stealth, then you could have Magery or Mysticism, Meditation and Eval Int and Resist Spells.

gbb

gbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Well you would obviously need Ninjitsu, Hiding and Stealth, then you could have Magery or Mysticism, Meditation and Eval Int and Resist Spells.

That seems awesome! Thank you :)

It would be a PVM template that would dabble in some pvp. I'm not seeking to be uber, just decently viable.

What should my int, str, dex be?

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

That seems awesome! Thank you :)

It would be a PVM template that would dabble in some pvp. I'm not seeking to be uber, just decently viable.

What should my int, str, dex be?

You wont be viable in either

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

I've often heard what Dragkiris has said, most notably when I made a necromancer/paladin when those skills were first introduced.  Of course, now it is all the rage with sampires, but back then everyone scoffed at it so don't be discouraged by those who can't be creative.  I suggest trying it out on test center.  Build your template and give it a test run.  See what problems you run into.  One of the things you want to test is if you can even cast in the various forms.  I can't test it at the moment, but if I recall correctly, my dog form characters couldn't cast while in that form.  I might be mistaken, however.

gbb

gbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you for the replies.

Is there any sort of ninja template ie. with either fencing/swords/macing that would allow me to remain in animal form for a lot of the time? If so please suggest a template and what my int, str, dex would be as well. I've found some templates while googling but I just want to make sure I'm running what is the most realistic/feasible at this time.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
You can't cast or use weapon specials while in ninja forms. Ninja is used in magery for one reason... to escape dismount ganks in PvP and to spam mirror images until you can hit form and run away. Ninja use in pvm has always been ineffective at best... the only possible viable way I could see to run a melee guy would be a gargy with a soul glaive in dog form or a macer with a diamond mace because dog form gives you mass hpr... but there are other builds that would be so much better

@sable I've heard the same thing I just said too. The problem is when 99% of the time the person saying it is right... they said it to me when I made my necro dexxer a few weeks after AOS was launched... and they were right... and they said it to me when I made my leaf blade wraith after se was launched... and they were right again. The thing is they were not scoffing the templats themselves they were scoffing they idea that you could put together a suit to make the template effective (which was impossible until they buffed runics)... your encouragimg this guy to waste his time

Reply to this topic