Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Sosarian World Christmas Decor Long Program **UPDATED**

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Andrasta

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

UOGuideX3.jpg

It gives me great pleasure to announce on behalf of UO Guide, Kayhynn's UO Home Decor, The Stratics Network & Goodman's Rune Library...

"The Sosarian World Christmas Décor Long Program!"

Inspired by the Sosarian World Winter Olympic Games, the World Christmas Décor Long Program is the foremost Shardwide Christmas Decor Contest.

To Qualify your Creative Space must be a home in Sosaria on any UO shard.

It must be decorated in great & festive Christmas Detail.

It must have at least 2 of the 4 technical Elements shown below to qualify.

1. Snowman

2. Christmas tree

3. Santa

4. Nativity Scene

Your program will consist of Screenshots posted (sized according to this sites' graphics specifications ) below this announcement to qualify showing all your technical elements and at least one showing overall design.

Home Owner's name & Forum Name if different from Home Owner, Shard name, Facet & Co-ordinates to the entered home must be posted to a qualifying forum listed.

Single homes, multiple homes & vendor establishments are welcome and will be judged with equal weight.

Official Judges will visit your entry. UOHomeDecor will be doing a Tour & Video.

Entries must include at least 2 of 4 technical elements and over all presentation including idea, concept, vision and unity. Winners will be contacted via PM on the site that the entry was posted.

Two 6.0 scores will be awarded by the Sosarian World Winter Olympic Judges for Technical marks and Creative marks, the sum of which will compile the Total Competition Score.

Highest Score will win the following Prizes on the shard of your choice. These amazing prizes have been donated by JCTheBuilder & UO Guide.

1st - $60 in UO Codes or 300 Million

2nd - $40 in UO Codes or 200 Million

3rd - $20 in UO Codes or 100 Million

In addition to the amazing Top Three Prizes above, The Stratics Network have upped the Prize Pool by offering the following:

1. Permanent Custom Forum Title

2. 1-Year Stratics Pro Membership

3. 6-Month Stratic Pro Membership

Contest will run from December 1st to December 31st. Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2014.

Three Official Entry Collection Sites will include UO Guide's UO Discussion Forum, Stratics' UO Homes and Castles Forum & UOForums' UO Homes & Castles Forum.

If you need help with your screenshots Kayhynn from UOHomeDecor can be reached at submissions@uohomedecor.com and she will be happy to help you with them.

Questions can also be PM to Kayhynn or Andrasta or to Andrasta@uogoodman.com

Best Wishes of the Season & Good Luck to All!

Evianne

Evianne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Hopefully this works correctly - I don't really post on forums often. The house looks much better in 2d but I couldn't get the screenshots I wanted :(

Name: Santa's Desert Inn - Lake of Tears - A UWF Community

Owner: Hill People

Shard: Atlantic

Facet: Malas

Co-ords: 7* 2'N, 30* 1'E ---OR--- about two screens east of the dock entrance to the deep sea boss in Malas Desert, along the waterfront.

First Floor - Dining room & Living room for guests w/kitchen access by staff only:

11257808953_6f9daefa7e.jpg

Second Floor - Santa's (mini) desert workshop & common room/reading area for guests:

11257712315_0d41f9aa49.jpg

Third Floor - Guest rooms w/shared bathroom and hidden teleporter to roof (at the end of the hallway next to the tree):

11257811373_a868c3ffb3.jpg

Rooftop patio & view of whole house:

11257747376_d8b2bd7dc9.jpg

• Andrasta and Mata Hari like this

Hera

Hera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Homeowner:  Foxxie
Forum: Hera
Shard: Sonoma
Facet: Malas
House Location: 34 48N 0 29E 
Sonopolis (West Umbra Orc Fort)

Sonopolis Town Square

lomp.jpg

Even Santa hangs out here...
qffe.jpg

And don't forget Hermey the Misfit Elf...
bhah.jpg

The town tree...
qjt0.jpg

Filled with presents for the locals...
sazs.jpg

Sonopolis Town Location
btvr.jpg

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!

• Andrasta, Kayhynn and Mata Hari like this

Mata Hari

Mata Hari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

*Please note that I was not able to post on Stratics because their registration process for new users is broken. I can view this topic there but cannot register to reply.

Special thanks to my neighbor Lord High Q, who has helped me with items and ideas to make this winter wonderland possible!

Happy Holidays!  I am amazed by all the wonderful homes dressed in holiday style. All so wonderful and I applaud everyone, as fellow decorators we know the tiring effort of hours of work that goes into each of these masterpieces, jobs well done mates!

For this entry the home owner's name listed on the house sign is Lavoe Goldwind

Sonoma Coordinates: 25N 49W which is SW of Zento City in Makoto Jima.

Please shut OFF circle of transparency when viewing.

You can find teleporters to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors inside the first floor in the SW, SE, and NE corners hidden from view.

My home is just outside the city of Zento (Sonoma); southwest corner to be exact. It's called the Lighthouse and it shines 'er light good an' bright, to keep them sailor lads safe at night!

I did decorate it festively for Christmas. My memories of Christmas as a child consists of many shiny and brightly colored packages under the tree and my obsessive desire to recite The Night Before Christmas at the drop of a hat, anywhere, anytime, at any public gathering. I especially enjoyed the scene depicted in my storybook as Santa rode out of sight. I endeavored to recreate that scene on my front porch as we see Santa and his reindeer fly over the sleepy mountain village he just delivered gifts to.

village.png

Of course as a child I longed to go downtown to see all the department store windows dressed in holiday style and my nose got pressed especially long to the windows depicting the elves workshop. This is the magic of Christmas, the elves workshop, and I happen to have one tiny workshop tucked into the second floor complete with elves who I might add are planning on a good meal after all their hard work.

Elvesworkshop.png

I remember my mother and I spending every Christmas wrapping the presents. And how my mother could spin magic out of ribbons and paper. Each package looked like haute couture. To her the wrapping was as important as the contents, she showed how much she cared by making each present a unique decoration all its own. Wrapping gifts always gives me this squishy good feeling from fond memories of my mother. Thus my desire for loads of gaily wrapped packages to make my spirit bright. There were so many pretty presents I had to enlist every ledge, nook and cranny to display them!

LighthouseatNight.png

Lets not forget Medusa all fresh from the beauty salon. Even she wanted to look good for Santa baby!!

HolidayMedusa.png

• Andrasta, Mata Hari and Julion like this

Julion

Julion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Greetings! from Sonoma <3

House: Dexter's Laboratory, 38N 36W, North East corner outside city wall of Zento on island of Makoto Jima (Sonoma)

Owner: Sir Galahad

First three technical elements included.

Overall View -

LabAtNight.png

And Christmas Dinner of lobster and BBQ, mmmmm! -

xmasdinner.png

• Mata Hari and Julion like this

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Katrina of Sonoma sent her pictures to me.  There are too many to make it easy to post on forums, so I've posted them on my site here:

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
House Owner: Ashley Rose
House Name: North Pole
Shard: Europa
Facet: Trammel

Her entry, also a castle so I can't easily post all the images here, are located here:  http://uohomedecor.c...by-ashley-rose/

Andrasta

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thank you for all the great Submissions! We have 22 entries, 3 on UO Guide, 6 on UO Forums & 13 on Stratics to visit.

In order to give Kayhynn time to visit your home for the Video & for the Judges to visit each of your homes we will be announcing the winners of "The Sosarian World Christmas Décor Long Program on Saturday afternoon.

Sorry to make you all wait longer but you put a tremendous effort into your entries so its only fair we take the time to view them in detail.

Good Luck & Happy New Year!

Evianne

Evianne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada
I just wanted to pop in and mention that I'm out of the country right now and I don't have access to UO, but I do have wifi and Icq access - # is in my profile. I would love to have a video done but I won't be home until jan 8 so I won't be able to meet with anyone :( I hope that is okay.
Happy new year!

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I can do your video when you get back!  Just ICQ me when convenient, or if house is public, let me know where it's at and i'll go

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Who won :)

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Read the last post from Andrasta: It won't be announced till Saturday afternoon

Andrasta

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Well it's time to announce the Winners of the The Sosarian World Christmas Decor Long Program. Thank you for your entries and your efforts. We had 21 entries, 3 on UO Guide, 6 on UO Forums & 12 on Stratics to visit. You all should be very proud of all the hard work and creativity you have presented.

The Judges were instructed to consider creative and technical elements, detail in the designs, if the required 2 of 4 technical elements were included, home made items vs single items, multiple item illusions, creative entry post among other elements and over all design. It was not an easy judging assignment.

Kayhynn of UO Home Décor will still be visiting entries over the next few days to create a virtual Contest Video for us. In the meantime I highly recommend visiting your favorites in person. Every entry has unique details that must be seen in person. Some very creative ideas were presented.

It was impossible for us to pick a Top Three so we have picked a Top Six because we have 6 prizes.

First place will pick from the 6 prizes, Second place will pick from the 5 left, Third will pick from the 4 left and so on.

If you are a winner please email Andrasta@uogoodman.com so that I may update the entries prizes as you pick them.

It is my great pleasure to announce the Top Six Winner of The Sosarian World Christmas Decor Long Program.

1. Ashley Rose & North Pole - Europa

2. Hill People & Santa's Desert Inn - Atlantic

3. Jennifer & A Christmas Getaway - Napa Valley

4. Sinful Slave's General Store - Atlantic

5. Heartcove Castle - Sonoma

6. Lavoe Goldwind & The Lighthouse - Sonoma

Thank you to JC & UOGuide for the inspiration to have such a Community wide contest and putting up very generous prizes. Thank you to Taylor & Stratics for the generous prizes. Thank you to Kayhynn of UO Home Décor for organizational assistance and creating a Contest Tour Video to be posted soon. Thank you from myself and Goodman's Rune Library for your support. It was a pleasure to view your designs.

All Contest entries can also be viewed at:

http://uohomedecor.c...am-2013-entries

• Mata Hari likes this

Mata Hari

Mata Hari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

LighthouseatNight.png

Thank you so much! I am honored to be in the top 6 (The Lighthouse/Lavoe). Wow what a season to be remembered, with so many wonderful homes making my spirit bright, thank you everyone for allowing me into your beautiful homes to enjoy my favorite time of year. You all made my Christmas special <3

So much work for the judges and their respect for our work and for the hours and hours and weeks, and days everyone has spent on this project! They took the proper time to take a good look at each. Good work judges as well!!

And many thanks to the sponsors of this contest who endeavor to continue the creative spark in each of us!

Unfortunately I have not been able to register on Stratics at all; some weird email problem that I have verified is not a problem on my end (must be stuck in the Stratics "out" box lol). So I will have to pass on any prize that is left over for last place that has to do with Stratics :)

But I really didn't do it for the prize's anyway. Designing and decorating is my first love in rl and in UO. As a matter of fact my inspiration is on the front porch, the "Cathedral at Night" mini house deed is at the center. It was UO's first contest that resulted in a mini house deed of that players design. When I visited that home in game and viewed it at night I was HOOKED! With custom homes arriving on the scene we were challenged to do something different. The Cathedral at Night broke the boundaries of what we thought the limits were. The Cathedral at Night inspired me to continue the creative process and perhaps along the way, serendipitously, stumble upon something fresh.

I hope these lovely homes inspire more individuals to exercise their creativity year round!!

Luv and peace everyone <3

• Mata Hari likes this

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I just got done videoing your place (and the other entries here).  very neat!  I enjoyed your halloween one too!

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Lavendar Moon's Winterhaven Christmas Decorating Contest Entry on Catskills 

Sinful Slave's General Store Decorated for Christmas on Atlantic Shard 

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Christmas Contest Videos. Part 1. Legendsguy's Siege Perilous home entry - Santa's Village.

Ultima Online - Kattastrophe's Christmas Contest Entry 

Evianne

Evianne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to the judges for considering me, I was very surprised when a guildie icq'd me and told me I placed! I think I even did a little happy dance :) There were so many amazing houses entered I genuinely did not think I even had a shot. I returned to UO after a 7 or so year hiatus this summer and I promptly started hoarding Christmas deco. I've had my house decorated for Christmas since before Halloween because I just couldn't wait. When they announced the contest in Dec I was pretty pumped - so I'd also like to say a big thank you to the everyone that put all the work into hosting this contest for us.

Congrats to everyone - not just the winners - there were some gorgeous houses that I am seriously jealous of.

• Andrasta likes this

Andrasta

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

attachicon.gifLighthouseatNight.png

Thank you so much! I am honored to be in the top 6 (The Lighthouse/Lavoe). Wow what a season to be remembered, with so many wonderful homes making my spirit bright, thank you everyone for allowing me into your beautiful homes to enjoy my favorite time of year. You all made my Christmas special <3

So much work for the judges and their respect for our work and for the hours and hours and weeks, and days everyone has spent on this project! They took the proper time to take a good look at each. Good work judges as well!!

And many thanks to the sponsors of this contest who endeavor to continue the creative spark in each of us!

Unfortunately I have not been able to register on Stratics at all; some weird email problem that I have verified is not a problem on my end (must be stuck in the Stratics "out" box lol). So I will have to pass on any prize that is left over for last place that has to do with Stratics :)

But I really didn't do it for the prize's anyway. Designing and decorating is my first love in rl and in UO. As a matter of fact my inspiration is on the front porch, the "Cathedral at Night" mini house deed is at the center. It was UO's first contest that resulted in a mini house deed of that players design. When I visited that home in game and viewed it at night I was HOOKED! With custom homes arriving on the scene we were challenged to do something different. The Cathedral at Night broke the boundaries of what we thought the limits were. The Cathedral at Night inspired me to continue the creative process and perhaps along the way, serendipitously, stumble upon something fresh.

I hope these lovely homes inspire more individuals to exercise their creativity year round!!

Luv and peace everyone <3

Hi Mata Hari,

I've left you a PM some weeks now and you haven't returned to this forum to see it. I have a prize for you that doesn't relate to a message board. Please contact me via pm or at andrasta@uogoodman.com
If any knows Mata please let her know I am looking for her.
Thanks!