Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Recruiting Reporters and Editorialists

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
UOForums is recruiting!!
News reporters
UOForums is pleased to announce we are actively recruiting shard specific news reporters and editorial contributors! Make your place in UO history by reporting on the holidays and events coming up! We encourage all interested parties to apply on these forums via private message. Please answer the questions listed below and should we wish to contact you please be prepared to submit a writing sample with pictures as well.

Shard

Character Name

How long have you played UO?

MSN

AOL

Other communication

Please list your strengths and weaknesses as a writer

What makes you want to report for UOForums?

Please submit this form to me, (I recommend copying and pasting in word. This enables you to save a file for your records.) Kahlan via private message and put Reporter Application in the title and I will be back in touch with you within 24 hours. (More than likely much sooner than that!)

kahlansig.jpg

Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenwich, Connecticut
I have a question about this.

Are you looking to incorporate different sections for each shard? Separate from the forums themselves? I would like to see something like that and if that was done, I might be tempted as well as a few folks in my shard that I know of, to participate. If its just going to be the forums, I would rather pass for now.

~ Sue.

bianca_sig.jpg
Bianca Solderini | Ariana Erikkson | Blasphemy | Edwin (Sometimes)

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

I have a question about this.

Are you looking to incorporate different sections for each shard? Separate from the forums themselves? I would like to see something like that and if that was done, I might be tempted as well as a few folks in my shard that I know of, to participate. If its just going to be the forums, I would rather pass for now.

~ Sue.

This idea certainly have merit. Do you mean a seperate news site per shard? (non-forum) like catskills.uoforums.com ?

Kahlan

Kahlan

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Theoretically we could do a "news" site then like LC was saying, each shard could have their own station. Right now we are looking for anyone and everyone to fill various reporting positions that can be hands on and involved, to writing editorials on the comings and goings and basic happenings in uo.

Edited by Kahlan, 27 September 2013 - 07:30 AM.

kahlansig.jpg

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
And honestly, we're hesitant to start something "new" that doesn't have people already posting on the forums - but yes, if there's interest something could be done.

Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenwich, Connecticut
Well, maybe it doesn't have to be something completely new. It could be linked from the menu here. But I do see that you guys have the Auction and the Guilds thing and those sites are not used much at all. It does seem that the forums are your strong suit. Honestly, it just might not be a good idea to spin off something new if you have had some difficulties with similar endeavors.

I know my guild leader has an idea for an RP site for Catskills that basically has all its news "in character" that she's working on (similar to Pax Lair Times). It would be nice to have something like that be part of UO Forums and have it spread to the other shards. We're all on the same goal, I think, to bring news to the masses in a fun, interesting, and consistent manner. There is definitely room for collaborative efforts.

~ Sue.

bianca_sig.jpg
Bianca Solderini | Ariana Erikkson | Blasphemy | Edwin (Sometimes)

Kahlan

Kahlan

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I agree, flesh out some ideas and pass them on to me, LC, or Kayhynn? I love the fact that there is a spark of interest in news again!

kahlansig.jpg

Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Hey guys, I sent some ideas over PM (on old forums, which we couldn't "reply to all") I am hoping that everyone got them... if not let me know I'll forward.  Love these new forums! :)

Thanks LC for all the hard work.

<3 Pandy

pandora_signature.jpg
Websites: www.childrenofdarkness.com :: www.royalbritannianguard.com :: www.ordervschaos.org
ICQ. 608083009 | Email. pandora@childrenofdarkness.com
Pandora de Romanus | Marius de Romanus | Cherry Spy | Jade Spy | Amroth | Kalmar Erikkson | Edwin (Shared)