Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Felucca, Factions, and PvP Revamp Ideas

- - - - - factions felucca pvp

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenwich, Connecticut
I think Felucca should be completely redesigned.

First of all, I hate the barren trees everywhere... ugh. I am soooo tired of it looking like a wasteland. Give us back the trees!

Secondly, I'd like them to add the "guard whack" feature back to the towns, moongates, and surrounding the towns' perimeters (like the towers I mention below). Meaning that no reds can go into those areas without being automatically killed. I know that you can still call guards on them now if they attack you, but I dislike that. I think if you are going to be red, you should live off the land itself (and the vendors there etc.) and towns should still be off limits.

Thirdly, and most importantly. I'd like to see them completely redesign the towns to include player-owned guards, city walls, keeps, and towers. I know this is like HUGE... and would take months and months of work and graphic artists and so on. But what I'd like to see is Factions fixed so that it becomes more territorial. Guilds that are part of a faction, for the same of my example let's say Minax, would gain "guild faction points" (in addition to silver) as they kill rival faction members, but also by taking rival faction territory, killing off rival faction guards, selling faction crafting items, etc. etc. Each guild would have a guild bank of points from this. These points can be used to claim cities/towns, upgrade the city walls, the city keeps, the city towers, and upgrade the guards by the guild masters or those with the "warlord" ranks. All of which would fly the flag/emblem of MINAX since the city is Minax owned. Various guilds of the same faction could collaborate to claim the different pieces of the city --- like the main guild can claim the keep, but other guilds could claim the towers outside the walls or they could claim the blacksmith or the tailor shop etc. Now that town belongs to that guild and that faction and it would be up to them to safeguard it and protect it and reap the rewards of doing so (like being able to sell their own wares at the merchants they claim). Guilds would have to fight to take over territory which would gain them ranking and guild faction points. I can just picture the epic 4 hour battles that would ensue and those were such fun!!!! And then finally.... put all of this into a RANKING SYSTEM that you can see on the www.UO.com website. Internal competition has always been a huge draw for PvP in UO!

Fourth, rename all the Feluccan cities --- Britain would no longer be Britain but say something like "Caer Hythloth" and Trinsic would be now be "Caer Khaldun", something like that. So they are completely distinguished from Trammel cities.

I just think its time to truly separate Felucca from Trammel in a very drastic way. If they did so, I think they would see hundreds of accounts re-instated. People still remember the old fights at the Papua Minax Stronghold and that's what always drew them back to UO. They territorial nature of those fights was really where most of my interest in PvP was sparked.

As it stands now, I hate going into Felucca. The PvP that is there is usually a gank fest, camping moongate, fiasco that gives no one any meaning. I haven't played my PvP character in almost a decade. I now just use her for RPvP in Trammel-Rule areas.

~ Sue.

bianca_sig.jpg
Bianca Solderini | Ariana Erikkson | Blasphemy | Edwin (Sometimes)

A_Skilled_Midget

A_Skilled_Midget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
While I no longer player(though may come back) as a LONG time player; let me see if I can point out some things wrong with this.

First:
The landscape of Fel shows it's barren and harsh because Fel by design is suppose to be harsh. (So I say no) We haven't had Lush trees and environments since Tram was released.

Second:
Insta whack was always and will always be a lame feature. If calling guards is to much of a hassle... Well I don't know what to tell you, but even being able to call guards should of been rethought and removed by now.

Third: Part of this already exists (or atleast it did). The rest for the most part is a very good idea minus you breaking it down to Guilds. It should have no effect on a guild what so ever. However they should make (we'll go with Minax) it so that the faction it's self felt more guild like. Chat to communicate to all those in Minax (in all the worlds, not just Fel) Upgrading and Owning towns I agree should feel more like you own and run them. Further extending Factions could only be good for the game.

Fourth: I have to say NO to all of this. They shouldn't be distinguished from Tram cities. Remember TRAM was created for pve friendly people. "Fel" is the original way of UO, it was not made second. SO if anything got changed it should be in Tram. However I'm against the changing of the cities completely. The lore to the game shows why we have 2 Brit,moonglows etc. We even at one time had Moonstones that allowed you to open a "portal" to the exact spot from Tram-Fel and Fel-Tram.

As for Seeing people come back to UO because of a redesign to Tram/Fel that just isn't true. In fact the huge reason the Majority of people Refuse to come back to UO is because of all the terrible changes that have been made. For most people UO was an amazing game, a Great time, and stayed within your thoughts all day. I'd say most people may even miss the good ole days of UO. However Personally between the awful graphic updates, Silly expansions that for the vast majority haven't effected Fel at all, and contentious emphasis on gear being needed; I'd say this is why UO will never reclaim it's former glory.

As for you hating to goto Fel because it's a Gank Fest. Well Honestly(and it comes off rude) you belong in Tram, because Fel has always and should always remain to be that way.

I'd love to come back to UO but it's not even UO at this point anymore. People Orginally thought that Tram killed UO. I as an avivid PvPer Born into Fel, will say this isn't the case at all. UO was great for MANY many reasons. The real reason the game died out is well(look at what every expansion has brought compared to when UO was at it's Peak). Gear...... Yes Gear has killed this game. Most Pvpers adapted sure, but the game was Skill>Gear, and while I still believe in this statement; gear just plays to large of a role now to ever return UO to what it was.

Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

While I no longer player(though may come back) as a LONG time player; let me see if I can point out some things wrong with this.

First:
The landscape of Fel shows it's barren and harsh because Fel by design is suppose to be harsh. (So I say no) We haven't had Lush trees and environments since Tram was released.

Second:
Insta whack was always and will always be a lame feature. If calling guards is to much of a hassle... Well I don't know what to tell you, but even being able to call guards should of been rethought and removed by now.

Third: Part of this already exists (or atleast it did). The rest for the most part is a very good idea minus you breaking it down to Guilds. It should have no effect on a guild what so ever. However they should make (we'll go with Minax) it so that the faction it's self felt more guild like. Chat to communicate to all those in Minax (in all the worlds, not just Fel) Upgrading and Owning towns I agree should feel more like you own and run them. Further extending Factions could only be good for the game.

Fourth: I have to say NO to all of this. They shouldn't be distinguished from Tram cities. Remember TRAM was created for pve friendly people. "Fel" is the original way of UO, it was not made second. SO if anything got changed it should be in Tram. However I'm against the changing of the cities completely. The lore to the game shows why we have 2 Brit,moonglows etc. We even at one time had Moonstones that allowed you to open a "portal" to the exact spot from Tram-Fel and Fel-Tram.

As for Seeing people come back to UO because of a redesign to Tram/Fel that just isn't true. In fact the huge reason the Majority of people Refuse to come back to UO is because of all the terrible changes that have been made. For most people UO was an amazing game, a Great time, and stayed within your thoughts all day. I'd say most people may even miss the good ole days of UO. However Personally between the awful graphic updates, Silly expansions that for the vast majority haven't effected Fel at all, and contentious emphasis on gear being needed; I'd say this is why UO will never reclaim it's former glory.

As for you hating to goto Fel because it's a Gank Fest. Well Honestly(and it comes off rude) you belong in Tram, because Fel has always and should always remain to be that way.

I'd love to come back to UO but it's not even UO at this point anymore. People Orginally thought that Tram killed UO. I as an avivid PvPer Born into Fel, will say this isn't the case at all. UO was great for MANY many reasons. The real reason the game died out is well(look at what every expansion has brought compared to when UO was at it's Peak). Gear...... Yes Gear has killed this game. Most Pvpers adapted sure, but the game was Skill>Gear, and while I still believe in this statement; gear just plays to large of a role now to ever return UO to what it was.

I love the idea of having "faction chat" and instead of the guild points, have it be faction points that are gained by members... no more player points (that's exploitable too easily). And lore can be easily re-written, obviously... there could be some GRAND event that blows out Feluccan cities, thus recreating them differently. I wouldn't mind Feluccan Britain renamed to the "Fort of Compassion" because that makes perfect lore sense as Britain is aligned with the Compassion Virtue; ditto for the other towns. I've always hated that there are two cities for everything... I hated the whole implementation of the facet split to be honest; Trammel should have been newly designed lands and cities. I don't agree that Trammel should be the one to change though, I like the idea of changing Felucca via some massive storyline plot.

And I don't ever remember Felucca being a "gank fest" --- like AT ALL --- pre-Trammel. We had flourishing cities and banks, people felt a sense of safety in the cities. There were ton of player-ran cities that you could visit in complete safety. Murderers lurked in the shadows, kept away from the cities, and stuck to graveyards. AS THEY SHOULD BE! Moongate system was completely different back then... so there was no moongate camping. So I strongly disagree that that's what Felucca has always been.

<3 Pandy

pandora_signature.jpg
Websites: www.childrenofdarkness.com :: www.royalbritannianguard.com :: www.ordervschaos.org
ICQ. 608083009 | Email. pandora@childrenofdarkness.com
Pandora de Romanus | Marius de Romanus | Cherry Spy | Jade Spy | Amroth | Kalmar Erikkson | Edwin (Shared)

Berethrain

Berethrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I hated the old guard whack rule. Want to help kill pvp?  Do this idea.

Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

But it doesn't make any sense "in character" to not have guards automatically attack "known murderers"... Duhhh!  Maybe make guards be "vulnerable" sooo you can fight back, that's more realistic. 

Personally, it was that fact that killed it for people travelling randomly into Felucca at all.  You want more folks to attempt to kill don't you? Then you have to give them some sense of security and stability.  Felucca needs that in order to attract folks back to it.  Its a WASTE LAND otherwise. The only pvp I see are gankers camping Yew gate... that's what you're trying to protect?  Please...

<3 Pandy

pandora_signature.jpg
Websites: www.childrenofdarkness.com :: www.royalbritannianguard.com :: www.ordervschaos.org
ICQ. 608083009 | Email. pandora@childrenofdarkness.com
Pandora de Romanus | Marius de Romanus | Cherry Spy | Jade Spy | Amroth | Kalmar Erikkson | Edwin (Shared)

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Your full of dumb ideas... just saying

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

1) You can set the looks of the trees somewhere in a script.

Foliage on/off somewhere

2) Felucca is empty enough and with the lawless reputation, why should reds not come into town?

3) YES... but no budget ....

4) Too late to rename the cities now

As to why Trammel/Fel is what it is ... when Trammel was introduced most were on dial up and devs decided to avoid a big download they just copy the land and read of 1 map. Just a few years ago they changed it to seperate the Tram and fel maps so they can independently change them now. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: factions, felucca, pvp