Here's a little proposal.

If say we were to arrange for a one night reunion event on the 31st of August (date picked off the top of my head) how many people would show up, and how many people do you think you could bring back?

This would just be an opportunity for old players to get together and relive the old days. Perhaps in a Tavern swapping tales over ales and perhaps even a battle royale for a chuckle.

I should stress from my own point of view this is not intended as a return to UO, I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone would bite.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't it be more appropiate to have this sometime there's a "Return to Britannia" campaign? As far as I know it used to be in the beginning of September, so its not that far off. I think it's easier to get people to come online if it doesn't include a fee ;)

Overall I also find it very surprising to see you're the one to suggest it. But not in a negative way.

If we can see in advance when the RtB event will be, that would make sense. However if we cannot get a month or two advanced warning of when that will happen, then it's probably not much use as it's going to take time for news of the event to spread around.

I'd also hope most of the people we played with back in the day are able to spare a few dollars/pounds/euros for a stroll down memory lane! If not, they can use trials accounts with their chars name perhaps?

And your surprise is not surprising.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

raul my old bud, i think it would be a shit idea if it did happen. how depressing would it be for the current tiny group of rpers left to all of a sudden have shit loads of guys who used to play turn up for one night and then foxtrot oscar again?

Who says you need to pay the 10 mcflurry's? Just get a 14 day free pass, create your named char and join in... cost = $ 0.00 and a few hours.

Secondly, it will not be a depressing night for the remaining RP folk, they will just cherish such an evening.

The plan is still for this to go ahead on the 31st. I'll post some final details in the next week or so.

For those who don't want to reactivate: as others have said, you can use a free account for a stroll down memory lane. I am sure someone can help you get some clothes or whatever if you want to try make your character look a bit authentic.

Ideally I'd like to split the event into an IC half where people can roleplay old characters, because I think for many that will be half the fun - returning to an old story so to speak. The second half will be OOC, allowing for a good old chin wag and perhaps a tour of some old haunts and a quiz.

Edited by Klion D'Gar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I play regularly, and do you guys really need something like a reunion to play UO even if just for a night?

As before, just grab a 14 day pass and play along, who cares if you're not the great warrior you were on your payed account?

Grab an ale at Swaggers (Vesper) or Maplehurst (Skara Brae) and tell of your stories while you were in a far off land... come on, unless you're scared you might get to like it and fork up the $15 a month again????...dhehehehe

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...