It looks like they are turning UO into the SIMS. What happened to publishing actual content to the game?

I'm ok with everyone getting 720 skills as I think they could have better rewards for UOs loyal subscribers.

Aggroing for healing in PVM makes no sense, and even less sense they didn't include it in PVP.

I am confused why they allowed an extra house for siege and not other shards? Aren't we all paying the same amount?

As of 6/21/13, player accounts will be allowed to have one primary house placed on a siege rule set shard (Mugen/ Siege Perilous) as well as one primary house placed on a non siege rule set shard.

Re-read that. you get one house on siege/mugen and one of prodo shards... not 2 on siege, its a last ditch effort to bring players to those shards.

Aggro for healing in PVM makes perfect sense, but it makes no sense that PvP was not included.

I understood it just fine. One house for Siege and One for prodo. But why only siege and not allow everyone to have an extra house on what ever shard(s) they choose?

I didn't think they were ever getting two houses on Siege/Mugen.

I disagree about PVM as it limits those with pet.

Because it allows you to have a house on both types of servers... ya know, once production rule, and one botched pvp ruleset, not hard to grasp.

It doesnt limit those with pets, it just makes it to where you have to do more than set a greater heal/clensing winds loop on your dragon.

I do love the "content" in this "booster"... seems like a way to charge 15$ for some pointless deco instead of adding anything real to the game...

Having the option limited to Siege and Mugen is completely pointless and only gives advantage to those who play Siege.

And yes that would be limiting because often pets take more damage than you can heal depending on the target. This also makes vet skill almost completely pointless other than to rez your pet, which will now be occuring more if this goes through.

I totally agree with the last line. Huge waste of devs time and money.

Either way, another botched job by the Devs.

Edited by Berethrain

we got like 2 plants or some BS like that... I like the Siege house rulechange, the healing change would have been decent if it included pvp. They chose to give pointless deco items instead of adding any real content to game... waste of dev time.

If it takes them months for this type of "expansion" then UO is certainly doomed. We know it isn't that they are not capable of producing content since they pushed out things like refinements etc.

I just wonder if they have any clue as to what they are doing.

High Seas was a "booster", the last expansion was Stygian Abyss. When High Seas was released as a "booster" they claimed it was smaller and cheaper than full blown expansions because they were going to release them on a yearly or bi yearly basis. Its been over 2 years since last real booster.... They threw in rustic, gothic boosters or "themes".... face it, we've been fleced...

And no Tancred, this is a publish and booster rolled into one...

I'm not sure it matters what label you apply to it. If I wanted to play the SIMS I would. I don't want pointless deco, and 720 skill cap was not a bug, soooooo....what's next?

I hope they give us some content next time, but for now my accounts went inactive as of the today, so here's hoping they give me a reason to reactivate them.

I don't understand. Is it the housing that makes it becoming the Sims? If so then why complain that an extra house is ONLY available on Siege and not being able to have a house on ALL shards? An extra house on Siege has been suggested by players before due to having a different ruleset and making sense for players to be able to have a "base" there because of the harsher play style, only being able to have one character.

Let's look at the pub 82. New Clean up dyes. Well that is part of the popular clean up thing that's been going on and is popular, and new dyes have been added with most of the publishes. Change to the looting rights. Well that's so The Sims. Gargoyle amulets, well that's new neck armor. Again So The Sims. Skill cap. Yep that's definitely not content and is just more Sims stuff. Siege housing, already discussed and if that is the Sims, then why complain about it, yet want more of it?

If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. For myself, I bought it because I want the paintings that give me powder charges and transcendence scrolls over time. The question I have is this: player vendor search is something that is being worked on and the target implementation date was Octoberish, if I'm not mistaken. Will you need this upgrade in order to use it?

Keep civil tounges and productive discourse. Weather ya like it or not, at this point it is what it is. This was never billed as an expansion so don't expect it to have the new "content" of one. The paintings that give stuff aren't that different from the vet reward rugs that do the same thing...

I'm guessing the vendor search feature will be another $9.99 "publish".

As far as content, at this point I don't care what we call it, just please add some. I may even be willing to pay extra for it.

As far as vets, being a vet holds no value to the current team. They are more worried about giving everyone everything to keep it "fair".

I have not given this much thought until recently, but how many other publishes have there been that we've had to buy in order to use?

You don't buy the publish. The publish is automatic with the update when you log on. You Can buy the

Kings Collection Theme pack to get the items, just like the Gothic and Rustic Theme packs.

Seems like we should be grateful that uo is still up and running. I have not played for the last 6ish months and before that out had been sporadic for me. However, I still pay for my main account...I feel its my duty to do so for the game I love. Maybe these purchase packs are a way of income to help keep uo alive.

You don't buy the publish. The publish is automatic with the update when you log on. You Can buy the

Kings Collection Theme pack to get the items, just like the Gothic and Rustic Theme packs.

.....it didn't mean literally the publish. The publish is an update for the items you can get by buying the "theme pack". But that was the majority of the publish, which is why I said buy the publish.

Are people really this dense?

Do I have to be literal in everything I say for them to understand? What gives?

Seems like we should be grateful that uo is still up and running. I have not played for the last 6ish months and before that out had been sporadic for me. However, I still pay for my main account...I feel its my duty to do so for the game I love. Maybe these purchase packs are a way of income to help keep uo alive.

This is like saying even though the car is only running on two cylinders we shouldn't fix it or buy a new car since it is still running.

If something of mine is broken I either fix it or get rid of it. I don't keep throwing money at it hoping it will fix itself.

It could be worse, an engine on 2 cylinders is still something you can save, when the block cracks then all is lost. Stop acting like all is lost, all I was trying to say is that maybe these small deco packs and stuff is what is keeping uo alive at this point. Every sub is helpful, every xpack, every deco pack...it all helps. When a game gets this outdated and has such a limited team assigned to it we should just be thankful that they are working in it at all.