Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ring

- - - - - ring

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
what will the hold SHIFT option do to prevent it? I am not at home to see the game right now to try it out, so could you explain it some?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Bo I am not sure what it "does" to prevent the bug. I do know that is the fix for the one that was around a while back.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
It has something to do with how UO controls items. The Enable Shift option changes how UO handles items. The original way is bugged, so it doesn't bring insurable items back to you when you res (sometimes.) The Shift Enabled way does things slightly differently which coincidentally stops the bug. The bug has hit me before I used the enable shift option, but not since.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
the other mod was just 62 luck lol

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Only incident which really stuck with me was during a EM Event on Drachenfels. Whoever remembers it, it was the one with Max in the Orc Fort outside of Cove.

Many people were hit by the insurance bug, some had one item that was affected and it went up till the whole gear lying in the corpse. Due to the countless corpses on the ground, it was nearly impossible to find your own again. Even the EM was there only in a robe, because he couldn´t find his corpse. :-/

So it´s probably something with the client not being able to handle something, and if there really is a 3rd party program out there I´d think it somehow tricks the client.. *scratches head*
Makes no sense, but maybe it´ll help someone else figure out what causes it to happen.

chu got noxxed

chu got noxxed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I have a few rings better then that *eg* The one I use with my orny is:

faster casting 1
faster cast recovery 3
defence chance increase 14%
lower reagent cost 19%
and something else I can't remeber now. will post it later if I can remember.

I have a few 1/3 mage rings with lrc actually. I mainly use them on my bard though, of all things. My bard does not have magery, he uses Chiv and is full compassion Knight with spellweaving. Very fun combination.

any that you would be willing to make a deal on? if so please send me a private message with the ring stats that you have and the price for each if you would please i would greatly appreciate it

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

The original way is bugged, so it doesn't bring insurable items back to you when you res (sometimes.)

I'm sorry to tell you: that is bs. Think about it a little bit, the CLIENT doesn't take items to your backpack in any manners. The SERVER (Osi) does that stuff. Else, hackers would be able to steal items from people with nearly no impediments.

The client only sends and receives packets (information), and draws graphically the information it receives; it has some minor tools (skills gump for example) but all of them act as Osi tells them to.

Conclusion: the problem, if it really exists, is server side.

CoyoteKid

CoyoteKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have a bracelet with 1/3 lrc 18% damage increse 19% and cold resist 11% if anyone is interested

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums coyotekid :) .

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

I have a bracelet with 1/3 lrc 18% damage increse 19% and cold resist 11% if anyone is interested

what shard?

CoyoteKid

CoyoteKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
baja, i should prolly add my shard to my information so that people know what shard i play on

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Bishibosh, sorry to tell you, but its the truth. The client stores your Bank Box Contents and your Paperdoll Contents. Therefore, its not a server issue, its a client issue. It appeared in a patch about 5 months ago. There have been several attempts to fix it. Since I switched over to the Hold Shift option, and anyone else I know, they haven't been hit by the bug.

Be warned, there is a new bug out there that allows people to kill you twice and get all your armor........ Happened to a guild mate only 2 days ago. He isn't very happy, lost a HoM, an Orny, AoF and a the rest of his armor. Understandbly he isn't very happy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
lol..

he died once, lost insurance, died second time, items dropped.
keep more cash at banks :)

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I just got a ring: 1/3, LRC 7, EP 10%, and Dex +7. Out of a Dungeon chest of al places!

Itd be nice for Holy Light pally, no?

Posted Image

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
He had 25 million in his bank. With his account having over 100 mill in total I don't think he has much chance of running out of insurance.

And when someone steals your ornie, HoM and AoF - I'll laugh at you for being so cocky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Nice ring, yeah good for a pally, but would suit a mage as well. I'm not mocking you, I've seen better, but you could get over a mill for it i guess. depends if someone wants it badly.........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Nice ring, yeah good for a pally, but would suit a mage as well. I'm not mocking you, I've seen better, but you could get over a mill for it i guess. depends if someone wants it badly.........

Oh, I know its not nearly on the level of Lady Destinys or anything...the only other 1/3 Jewel Ive ever gotten had like Strength +1 on it and that was it. And that was off a Para Titan, I think :)

Im using it on that char that found it. Stealth Ninja Thief.

Posted Image

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I'm not a big jewelry fan, in RL or in game. Most of my jewels suck. I need to take my tamer out to swoops with my luck suit. I can train my beetle and mare then :) I have a chest full of jewels but they are all for dexxers, very few 1/3 jewels.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
That's worth about a 1-1.5 mill kettle. It would be more suited for a mage, cause a pally wants one with hci or dci on it.

As for the whole getting killed twice, how is that possible? Wouldn't you have to die, then be res'ed then killed again? And it would be your own choice on whether or not you res, so just don't take it till you get to a safe area? I don't understand how you can be killed twice. If you're dead, you're dead, right?

edit: it sounds more like a variation on the insurance bug. Supposedly if you all your gold is in check form, sometimes it doesn't insure it. Also, what's your friend doing running around with a non-blessed HOM. Come on now.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
The bug works as follows, you attack someone, when they are redlined hit them with explosion. Before the explosion goes off hit your character and bring up the insurance gump, now select an insured item on your opponents paperdoll. Do all that before he dies.

Doing this turns off their auto renew insurance. So when they die, they lose insurance on every single item. When they res up, kill them again. Loot em up, run away, reinsure all their stuff. Thats the old version of the bug, now its back, with a slight variation. I'm not sure how to do the bug now, wish I knew so I could get blades stuff back for him.

There are no messages to tell you that your insurance has been turned off, and it works reguardless of your bank balance.

The whole check thing, that only happens if you keep checks in a bag in your bank box. Carry around a house placement tool, you can check your bank balance in the field by selecting 2-story custom house, your balance is in the gump near the bottom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ring