Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A few idea's - Low population perks and commission based vendors!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Harber

Harber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well, first of all I know some servers have a VERY low population. I do not think that merging server's is the answer since so many people would lose their houses. I know I would not be happy to lose the Castle I just "placed" on the very empty community on Origin.

I think people need a reason to play on low population servers! You need to offer them special things they can only get on those servers and they can't get on a higher population server such as Atlantic. Maybe faster skill gains or more gold drops from monsters or more fame/karma per kill or something that is not game breaking obviously, but still worthwhile.

I have another issue that really annoys me and seems pointless is the ridiculous cost of vendors per day when you have higher end items on them. I put some power scrolls on my new vendor and he wanted over 1 million gold per day and GUESS WHAT? The only way to pay him STILL is by putting gold on his head! I don't want 50 vendors just for some scrolls so I can actually carry enough gold for each vendor! At the very least let us pay them with checks!

I have a fabulous idea about vendors also! How about they start working on commission! We don't pay them a darn thing until they sell something and they take a percentage of that! I don't want to pay 1 million + per day on a SLOW server like origin where it could be a week to sell one item ... so I pay 10 million to sell something for 5 million? What sense does that make?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Commission based vendors is actually a good idea! On the other hand, vendors are one of the few working gold sinks in the game, so it's doubtful they'll change that. But for the sake of more and fuller vendors, I fully support that idea.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
There's too many vendors selling crap, or haven't been stocked in eons, maybe they need to jack the price up so more people would hawk things at the bank like the old days. Being a real merchant of arms and armor, taking gambles on spotting and buying a deal on something, then reselling for a bit more later in the evening, getting to know your fellow Britannians at the market or bank, these are the sort of real social elements that the game has lost. I sold fish steaks because it was all I could get/sell at the bank for months. It sounds miserable, but it's among my fondest UO memories and I made great friends.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.