Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Also coming back after 10 years, need a little help

- - - - - housing noob pker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

markind

markind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Probably more like 12 years off line! I was a beta tester for a while, and was on with UO first went live.

Those were some buggy days! Yikes!

So I got back on and the game is playing solidly. But I had a couple concerns...

What is the current recommended Mapping utility? I remember using UOAM which was cool back in the day, you could track your buddies in your party which was a blast. But it seems to not be working anymore? Obsolete? Is there an alternative these days?

The Trammel facets seem nearly devoid of players these days, and the vendors are all empty. Are there any busy spots in any Trammel facets you can recommend?

The Fel facets are also fairly un-crowded to say the least. Do I really need to worry about being jumped by PK's like back in the day? Or is PvP more of an event-based activity these days? Just trying to understand the Lay of the Land.

i did manage to chat it up with another player that nicely gave me 100,000 gold and a House Placement Tool. What do you recommend for a House and can you suggest what area to looking for a placement?

That's all the Q's I could cobble to together for now, so BIG thanks for any help! =)

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I believe Ultima Mapper | Player Tracking Refined is the current mapping program.
As far as your other questions, it really depends on the shard you are playing on.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
You can find housing just about anywhere these days unless you play Atlantic which is the busiest shard and is still crowded house wise. I can't speak for the pvp on Napa Valley which I believe is your shard. On Pacific, the pkers battle each other around Yew Moongate and they also fight down in the dungeons, making war over champ spawns and power scrolls. If you run into a pk in the rest of the lands, there's a good chance you'll get jumped, but you don't run into them very much these days.

markind

markind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks you two that's a great start! Yes I think staying clear of Champ Spawns and Dungeons will make worrying about getting PK'd a thing of the past. A couple Recall Scrolls should be enough of a safety net as I go about my newbie business.

Thanks for the Mapper tip, I will see if I can get that going.

I still welcome any more newbie tips along these lines, so please chime in! Thanks again!

markind

markind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey I got UO Mapper working! Not too shabby! Still blundering around, wondering what to do LOL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing, noob, pker