Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

exocrcism?

- - - - - exocrcism

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Does exorcism work on expunging those pesky ghosts who alert the raiding guilds?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I believe so

# Necromancer Exorcism spell

* Exorcism is a Necromancer spell that also requires GM Spirit Speak to cast
* Exorcism will relocate any player ghosts around the caster to a shrine on that facet
* Exorcism will only work in a champion spawn region
* Exorcism will not affect players who have a corpse on the same subserver
* Exorcism will not affect fellow faction, guild, alliance, or party members
* Players with GM Spirit Speak can now see the ghosts of other players at all times
* Exorcism scrolls will be craftable by scribes, drop off of some high ranking creatures, and can be sold to shopkeepers

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
When did this come out? Will scriber's automatically get to make this scroll?
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
It came out a while ago to address the people abusing ghostcams.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Yes scribes can make the spell too.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
It has a range of 8 tiles from the altar of the champ. The spell is very ineffective though, as most guilds who use ghost cams know the limit. Anyone who lives in UO as a ghost, and there are alot, have half a brain to know the limits of EVERY altar in the game, and to know how to get in there fast enough see the candle count, and get out before any necro sees them, and starts casting the spell. It is near impossible to catch anyone anymore with this spell.

Great idea, bad operation.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
But if yah had a necro whose main job was casting the spell, over and over again, well that would kinda just send in the reds anyway, I guess, hehe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
I was horribly dissapointed when I first saw this spell ... when I heard the name, I was thinking 'hmm, so will we need a old priest, and a young priest?'

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

But if yah had a necro whose main job was casting the spell, over and over again, well that would kinda just send in the reds anyway, I guess, hehe

You would just be wasting mana. You may as well pay Dip and I protection gold.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lefty of Sonoma

Lefty of Sonoma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

It has a range of 8 tiles from the altar of the champ.

This was changed not to long ago. The Range now goes to the edge of the spawn area. I m not certain of the exact range, but it is now more usefull. I poped a ghost last Sunday.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Hehe, the tactics our guild use is to exercise the ghost out of the spawn if possible, then wiat for him to come back, cos he will. Then you X energy field him so he can't move. And keep it that way. Just keep casting em on the ghost. Worked fine for us the other day, Outnumbered 3-1 and still got 11 scrolls. Poor COP and S:S.

Maddux, how much a spawn??? lol. Ya should come sonoma for some easy gold.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Origin is easy gold for the moment as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
How come???? Explain please...........

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
The problem is when you pop a ghost, you can usually expect about 30 of their closest living friends to be there any second. I say a problem only if you are not prepared to fight that amount of people, but if you are prepared, its a good way to get a giant group of angry guildmates to come fight.........

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
See, really I can see it as a form of killin em off one by one and sending to the shrine to make the long trek back, unfortuatly, you send your own friends there as well, right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
nope, it wont send any partied or guilded members. It also wont send anyone who has died there also. It is basically built for people who are strictly ghost cammers. I know of guilds who have people that are dedicated to only being ghosts, and are NEVER alive, like if you are ever on Baja, and see "Dust" roaming around, you have a 100% chance of an army of $TC$ showing up any minute....

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I've always wanted to setup an ambush for one of these guilds, you know, get like six people working the spawn and twenty or so hidden, then when they come to kill us bamph!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
The thing that always puzzled me about about excorcism is that when they get popped to the shrine, wouldnt it be just as much of a bell as working the spawn for the ghoster?

And since they would have one ghost in each location, they would know what spawn you are working by the chars name...

Posted Image

Lefty of Sonoma

Lefty of Sonoma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
"Outnumbered 3-1 and still got 11 scrolls. Poor COP and S:S."

If you are referring to the city of the dead raid this last weekend well it went bad. Soon as I start casting my Hard drive decided to go capoot. Couldnt be better timing. I called the strike, but was not there to organize the raid and for the most part City of the Dead is filled with choke points.

Needless to say somebody exorcised my ghost when I was able to get back on after putting a new drive in.

I assume you mentioned COP & S:S for my benefit. There is no need to gloat or rub someones fur the wrong way. We were talking about a spell.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I was talking about my tactics at Ice West the other night. I discovered a ghost, possibly yours. Whoever it was, ran out of the spawn area to prevent being exercised. So I cast energy fields on the ghost to stop it returning. The raid was subsequently about 3-4 minutes too late to get our scrolls. We lost one, but were generally happy with the result. That is one brilliant way of stopping ghosties, chase them out the spawn area with a necro, then field them. I've used that tactic on many different guild ghosties.