Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Episode 33 - Whatever You Do, Don't Drop Anything

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Episode 33 – Whatever You Do, Don’t Drop Anything

There is a lesson that everyone can learn every day. People don’t always learn those lessons. Many go mad rather than learn. Others shout their lessons from the tops of the tallest buildings, or the top floor of banks in some cases…

http://onlinegametal...t-drop-anything

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
*shakes head*

kahlansig.jpg

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I still believe the don't drop anything line is probably one of the best I've heard in years.

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
And oh so very true. At least your character is played through and through. An expensive lesson learned, but hopefully learned nonetheless.

And if you're doing trades that involves things too heavy to trade, don't talk in public about issues, use messenger/ICQ/Skype/whatever.

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
The odd thing is, this stuff is happening more and more these days. Half the time I'm in utter shock as I see people doing this publicly. Gone are the days of the cautious and savvy adventurers. Here are the days of the easy mark.

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
The guys who lost stuff flipped out claiming they lost ten times as much and people on Chesapeake offered to replace anything lost. Nice people are out there but the lying marks are almost always eager to exaggerate any losses at the expense of good Samaritans.

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

The guys who lost stuff flipped out claiming they lost ten times as much and people on Chesapeake offered to replace anything lost. Nice people are out there but the lying marks are almost always eager to exaggerate any losses at the expense of good Samaritans.

Kind of makes you wonder who the real thief is here...

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
any potential pity a thief might feel goes right out the window when this kind of thing happens. Their lies pile up quickly.

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
*blinks and bites tounge - very hard*

kahlansig.jpg

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Of course, all things belong to a thief. The thief is merely retrieving property that was his to begin with.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Of course, all things belong to a thief. The thief is merely retrieving property that was his to begin with.

Exactly. To bad everyone doesnt understand that... some would dare call us scammers.

EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY

www.OnlineGameTales.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Scammers engage in very different activities and operate by a very different set of ethics and rules. I abide by a code as I learned it and contributed to it many years ago.

Of course, there are those who disagree with the thieves code, ethics, play style and even their existence. Those that hate thieves engage in far less fair or ethical behavior in terms of Sosaria. They lobby for the destruction of the oldest and most humor oriented of classes and play styles with no real ability to be countered. Always remember. They took more from the thief than the thief can possibly take from them. The thief has the highest of moral high grounds when taking whatever he wants from such villains. The thief was OWED what he stole and he is merely trying to put the world to right.

Edited by EvilLordSMuRFY, 23 January 2013 - 01:33 AM.