Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Compassion Gate and Gypsy Camp?

- - - - - camp compassion gate gypsy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tjgoldstein

tjgoldstein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi again,

So sorry for posting another question so soon.

My previous character didn't get saved :: shrugs :: so I had to re-start. As such, I am on a new quest involving beeswax for a library quest. I am situated in Britain and have to find the Compassion Gate and the gypsy camp.

I've been wandering totally lost for about 2 hours now and I can't find either, nor has anyone come to my aid ingame despite frequent requests for help so if some kind person could point me in the general direction, I woudl very much appreciate it.

Thank you once again,

tj

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
The beeswax might be kinda tough for a new person. What shard are you on?

To get to compassion gate you need to find any moongate which are usually in the outskirts of most towns, for example, Brit, Moonglow, Minoc, Jhelom, etc. These gates take you to any facets. Example of facets are trammel, fel, ilshenar, malas, and tokouno islands. Compassion is in ilshenar and the gypsy camp is southeast from there. If you don't have uoam (auto map) get it. It is worth it especially for new comers
Posted Image

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
TJ, let us know what shard you are using. Sonoma, Pacific, Europa, Beja etc. That way someone could possibly help ya. Don't think your being a pain by asking "stupid" questions. The only way to learn is quite often to be told. There are many things in UO yopu could never hope to find out unless someone tells you. There not stupid questions, your new to the game and require help. Bo asks stupid questions all the time :P Don't worry about it, we're here to help. As reguards to the quest I did it the 1st week I was in UO, I found it quite hard on my own.

Uns

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

TJ, let us know what shard you are using. Sonoma, Pacific, Europa, Beja etc. That way someone could possibly help ya. Don't think your being a pain by asking "stupid" questions. The only way to learn is quite often to be told. There are many things in UO yopu could never hope to find out unless someone tells you. There not stupid questions, your new to the game and require help. Bo asks stupid questions all the time :P Don't worry about it, we're here to help. As reguards to the quest I did it the 1st week I was in UO, I found it quite hard on my own.

Uns

I fully agree with what Unsupportable said. I will note, though, that one of the next steps in your quest is to kill Speckled Scorpions in the Compassion Desert, and that is not something a new player should be attempting without help, the spawn there is wicked even for a veteran player.

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Another side note to what Rhus said is that I collected all the items needed from the speckled scorpin before gettin the quest because it is timed. Therefore there is no pressure on collecting the items.
Posted Image

tjgoldstein

tjgoldstein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you to everyone who helped me on this, I appreciate it.

I've had to dump the quest.. lol. I was on the Oceania shard and I couldn't complete my newbie quest as I was stuck in the first room on the blacksmith trainee quest... you know, have to kill a dongbat or whatever and then go up the flight of stairs to someone who is supposed meet me... well, that day, the stairs didn't want to work... lol.. so I got myself shifted to Britain. ;)

I'll pick hte quest up again when I'm more experienced. Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camp, compassion, gate, gypsy