Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Springtime Cherry Trees? May be long gone!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

Owner: Red & Purple Emp.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I was going though some pictures and thought this may be interesting enough to share.

At the time, I hadn’t been playing very long, however... I set up a girl on one of the Asian shards and had a look around. Even today, it's fun to see what custom house designs some people come up with on those shards, rather then the things we normally see.

I was truly stunned at the level of extra work staff put in! Where I’m standing in the picture is not far away from the south-west most stables of Brit tram, I believe in Izumo. All along the area inside and outside of the city were these amazing cherry trees, this long before the heritage tokens or the SE addition! There was a large sake fountain, I believe near Vesper bank, across the bridge... as well as a hot spring near the mountain rage near the Brit farms, plus other odd little memorials and public buildings not found on the US shards.

Posted Image

The “excuse” I was given was talking about these shards having a different staff... but if you ask me, in a team situation, good ideas are still good ideas. hehe. We should have shared in them, all of us. Plus, these Cherry trees were only in the spring time. When I went back, they were gone. They also used to go all-out for Christmas too. A good buddy, who is Japanese, lives in Japan and all that... tells me they don’t celebrate Christmas. I’ve never been able to work that one out. hehe

Every so often I see this picture in my collection and just laugh. I had some of the fountain and the hot springs, but I guess they are buried in the archives. Hosting sites always demand you clean them out every so oftin.

Posted Image
The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] - established 2001

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
You should really put some of these pics on Ultima-Gallery and make sure they are preserved. I have lost so many over the years.

kahlansig.jpg