Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The new Garden Shed pros and cons:

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Noma

Noma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I really wanted to know more about it, so now that I know, here is some more information
for anyone else who cares.

It's quite a real estate hog at a massive 12 tiles (4 wide x 3 deep), it must be one of the largest add ons. Additionally, if placed indoors, beneath a floor, a large portion of the very tall roof protrudes through the floor above. The size could be considered con if you have limited space, and wanted it mostly for the additional storage space, but it's a good thing if you want a large and functional decoration for a good sized roof or garden area.

I think the 250 item storage addition can only be considered an amazing PRO (yea garden shed).
Interestingly the two storage containers, one square box type and, one barrel type,can be opened in different ways. Depending on where you click on the shed, you can open either one individually, or both at the same time.

I saw at least one person ask if you had to have a 15 year old account to use it, so I tested it to be sure, and the answer is no. The deed can be handed to a younger account, although I am at a loss to imagine what someone would have to give someone for one of their 15 year vetrewards. I expect they will be a fairly uncommon add on for quite some time.

There is one at The Daemon Temple Entrance House. If anyone wants to see one.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Thank you for checking this out .... we have been wondering if you had to 15 to be able to place it and use it ... we have a 15 yr acct but our 13 yr acct likes to deco LOL :P
*cookie hug*

Posted ImagePosted Image

Noma

Noma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Silly me.... I forgot to say that The Daemon Temple Entrance House is on Atlantic

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Thanks for sharing that info Noma.

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

Owner: Red & Purple Emp.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
There is no question... this garden shed is a MONSTER, but it's very cute. Very “Harry Potter” world, looking, if you ask me. :-)

I honestly don’t understand what this current staff is thinking when they build such enormous additions. It's a trend I don’t see going away. The first time they admitted an issue was with the vet carpets, the rose, skull & bones, and the dolphin. After they came out, there was a small outcry of disappointment at these being far too big, so they scaled them down a little. Apparently, this lesson wasn’t learned very well. Again, I don’t understand the thinking. Either they just forget the fact not everyone owns a castle or keep or private staff only areas houses are far bigger then 18x18. Personally, I don’t subscribe to the “big box house design” system. Even when you have niches and levels, this monster shed would EAT space. It really should have been no bigger then 2x2. Face it, no 2 containers are more then 2x2. (One is a dresser drawer type and the second is a barrel.)

Fact: the majority of players do NOT own large houses, at least on Atlantic.

Practical wise, I give it a thumbs down. Smaller? No question, a thumbs up.

I haven't tested this younger account question myself, but the one friend who did get a garden shed tried with his younger account and it didn’t work. Maybe he didn’t have it set up right. I don’t know. Frankly, as cool as they are, I would have trouble getting my mind around owning one. That’s a lot of great space gone. AND... as far as having a garden shed inside? Come on, gang! hehe. Build logical, not randomly. I have less then 3 years to wait, but I don’t think I’ll bother unless they resize it.

I do have a picture to share... if anyone’s interested. I’d see this really fitting in after we get the grass tiles next month.

Posted Image
Posted Image
The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] - established 2001

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I think it looks proportionate to the in game player. To make it smaller as in a 2x2 would be a garden tool Box, not a shed, IMHO. I'm not denying it's big, but not overly for what it is supposed to be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Its bigger then an outhouse. To scale.

I think it looks proportionate to the in game player. To make it smaller as in a 2x2 would be a garden tool Box, not a shed, IMHO. I'm not denying it's big, but not overly for what it is supposed to be.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Kinda looks like someone drew it in MSpaint and copied/pasted it into UO, heh

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
ROFL, you ever been in a real outhouse? This definitely stores more sh**.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Do bears have running fine dectorated bathrooms in the woods?

Yes! Not everyplace in the world has running water, ya know! Plus, they were no place near as pretty as the shed, but still... scale wise, you see my girl standing next to it. Its bigger then your standard outhouse. :reye

Thumper

Thumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

I am at a loss to imagine what someone would have to give someone for one of their 15 year vetrewards

Not arguing your facts, just going to make a point: They could sell for a lot and be claimed by people who have multiple accounts (for example, my 15+ year had to claim it for my <15 year old account).

But yes, I agree with all your points. It is too big, to open it can be a pain (depending on where you click), and have actually traded (with my other account) Davey Jones Locker for it, for the simple fact that I can keep my SOS's sorted in separate pouches, instead of cluttered (Using DJL for T-Maps, which I don't sort anyways - if that makes sense).

I also agree that it will be uncommon, but isn't that a trait of UO? Again, not arguing, just pointing out....

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
If price is right, people will sell ^^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Noma

Noma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
For the many people who would like increased storage, I'll bet a one tile vet reward storage container would be very popular. Just a box or chest or something like that.
I'm guessing it would be popular, because of how much I would like it, and because of how many people I've heard (or rather seen), talking about how much they need more storage.
Do you folks agree?

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Noma... I don’t know how long you’ve been playing, babe... but the complaint about never having enough storage has always been number one. That’s why there have been bonuses to storage... a few different ones. For example, with all the additions, you are looking at 60%. A max storage house, you are looking at like a “maximum secure storage” of like 3899. It's been a good long while since we’ve had a storage bonus add-on... and far more people would pay the 20$ or whatever then would ever be able to obtain this garden shed.

It's always a challenge to free up some storage, get rubbish to vendors... someone will buy, you get some gold and so on.

The only true way to get serious storage bonus is to take up a new account! What does 250 more items compare to another 3899? hehe =)
Posted Image
The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] - established 2001