Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New to UO Roleplay - have questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JTH

JTH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone! I'm excited to try out UO roleplaying but I have a few questions first. First of all, how does the RP community compare to other MMOs, such as WoW, LotRO, AoE, etc.? And does UO have servers? If so, which server is the most active in terms of RP? Lastly, where can I learn about UO lore so I can write my character's backstory?

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Just a couple of answers for you! Roleplay in UO is probably the most unique, and realistic, due to the diverse options available to each player. The only other game that remotely compared to UO in terms of Roleplay was Star Wars Galaxies, and that's now gone.

UO Does have servers. As far as my limited knowledge goes, Europa was the most active roleplaying shard, alas, times have changed and players have scattered. It isn't what it used to be. However, there are still small pockets of roleplayers. Atlantic is the most popular shard, and it also has a roleplaying community, but It doesn't quite compare to Europa's. Each server has roleplayers to be fair, some more than others.

UO Lore? Google search, UOGuide.com

Hope those help :)

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Although I am not a traditional RPer and I am part of the RP Alliance on Pacific, because they are so unique and diverse I found a quite comfortable niche there. Mic already covered Europa, and they are fantastic, some of the nicest people around. I can't name them all because I would leave someone out. Atlantic has the most populas server but personally I think its too big. Easy to get lost in the crowd kinda big. I would suggest that you google The Avatar - Ultima Online and read his story. UO has layers and layers upon depth and backstory. From King British himself to the current King Blacktorn. It is quiet fascinating stuff. UOGuide is more of a walkthrough and how to website. But they are the very best at it. I would suggest creating a new character on each shard and just hanging out to get a feel for it. When on Pacific ask for Sablestorm or anyone in the RP Alliance, and we'll show you around and give you a feel for it.

kahlansig.jpg

Anna Goodward

Anna Goodward

Town Folk of Vesper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Thank you Mic and Kahlan.

Posted Image

Anna Goodward, The Vesper Trading Company
[Europa Roleplay]

Nathaniel Hawk

Nathaniel Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
For UO lore, during the end of summe I compiled a library on the Europa shard containing several books of various subjects, much of which is really old UO lore, when people settled in the various towns etc etc.

Its written by Seer Adamantyr which was one of the founders of UO lore (I think?)

Here's the titles of the library. If you have time to create a new character on Europa sometime. I'll meet you up and show you the library, it's not far from Britain.

Sadly it's not as active as I wish it would be. But the lore is there and accessable for anyone with interest.
http://www.uoforums....html#post623697

Nathaniel Hawk

Nathaniel Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Actually found the page where I had gotten most of my info for the IG books. I really advice reading the history of the various cities. As they're really really well written :)
UO Stratics *New* | Lore and History
Enjoy