Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

So what ARE these things?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I keep running past these things for what feels like forever, but I actually have no idea what they are or where they come from.
My best guess is, that they have something to do with the Felucca/Trammel split. I think to have read somewhere that some kind of monuments were involved in that. I can't say for sure, as I joined UO only during Renaissance (can I still call myself a vet, please?:eusa_pray:)

monument.png

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Hah! I've also wondered that, i've seen them countless times, but never actually thought to ask!

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
In Felucca, I believe, that is the place where the sigils are for Factions. I've not seen them in Tram

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I could be mistaken, but I vaguely recall they had something to do with one of the invasion events in the past. I can't recall what their purpose was now or which event it was.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

In Felucca, I believe, that is the place where the sigils are for Factions. I've not seen them in Tram

Yes, they are Fel only, but they are neither the Sigil Pedestals nor the Town Stones - I'm quite familiar with those :)

But good to see, that I'm not the only one who's is unsure what these things are. Hopefully someone who remembers can enlighten us.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I think this thing in the courtyard of castle british might have something to do with them. The style is pretty similar.
Unbenannt.jpg

So, I'm still hoping for some vet who remembers when they appeared :)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
afair they appeared when the shadow lords story arc played out, they were used to summon the shadowlords to each shard/plane gnerating the final battle in shadow moonglow , where you got those threads of fate to trade in.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
hmm.... that could be, but that story arc was only a few years back (2009?). All I can remember is that stealing and placing the sigils in Fel triggered or ended invasions in Trammel. I think these monuments have been around longer. But again, I'm not sure :(

Edited by Merion, 20 February 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir

Reporter/Librarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

afair they appeared when the shadow lords story arc played out, they were used to summon the shadowlords to each shard/plane gnerating the final battle in shadow moonglow , where you got those threads of fate to trade in.

Uhm. No.

They predate the creation of Trammel. In fact, they helped Nystul to create Trammel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great Lakes RP - gl.uorpc.net