Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Inside UO... no longer works, that’s not news... BUT...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

Owner: Red & Purple Emp.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I’m working on a new town banner for Atlantic shard and I’m having one “heck” of a time getting the graphics needed to build the town banner “on paper” so it can be built in game.

I tried some recommended tricks to get the old program to work and for a bit... it did work! However, I think it's demanding a totally clean install and I’m not undoing hours and hours of work for this simple task. I saw a few things that are interesting... I thought I would share. Stuff not in the active game, however... you’ll have to forgive the fact I have no pictures to share. Clearly, you can understand why.

If you didn’t know, everything, no matter how big or small, has it's own graphics file. The bigger the thing, the more files it needs to be shown in game. For example, a fishing net is 1 file. A large “High Seas” ship is many files. Sometimes a slightly larger then 1 square item requires 2 files. There are endless upon endless graphic files. Each with an ID number. It takes hours just to look at everything. While searching, I found 3 newer things that I have never seen in game. Maybe I don’t get around like I used to... so thus I thought I’d share.

High Seas... cannons. There is a 3rd size! It's much larger then the large cannon and has a monster’s mouth at the open end. It looks like a beak of some kind.

Also High Seas... I swear I saw a new type ship, totally different then the known ships we’ve seen thus far. This one has large ores sticking out the sides. Every ship has every detail and in every direction... but these ores stuck out very clearly. If I’m not mistaken, it looks a lot like the Elvin ship, but again... we are talking tons of single graphics.

Third... a 3rd topiary shrub. If you’ve used clippers on the short or tall hedge, or the juniper bush... you can choose 2 shapes. One, a goblin... second a llama... and the third.... is a Velocaraptor. The monster is in game... not this shrub!

I’m sure there’s more... just like I said, Inside UO has been broken so long.
Posted Image
The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] - established 2001

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
There's also a program called Fiddler that can be helpful in parsing art files.

Another option, to do easy demasking, is open your game window wide and drag objects to the black area, screenshot that, then just crop down to smaller size with black and the object, then cut out the black area to get just the object. Learning even a little Photoshop or some other graphics tool will go far not only for making a town banner but all sorts of stuff.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Please PM me a URL of this Fiddler program, if you would. ;-)

You need ID numbers to make this work for a banner. Just copy and save the stuff in question isnt good enough... at least that's what I was told.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Let me google that for you

Since EA is asking ppl submit a town banner plan because some idiot made one that made it look so easy a few years ago, they should make/release a tool that lets players play with the artwork.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Nathaniel Hawk

Nathaniel Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I got inside UO to work by installing my UO from my LBR CDs. But I made sure not to patch the game. That way all files are kept as they should be kept and you can run InsideUO perfectly :)

And I could still play UO on my other client which I downloaded from the website separately. For everything missing I just googled it and usually find the graphics for it on uoguide

Edited by Ron/Nathaniel Hawk, 16 November 2012 - 09:19 AM.

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Ron... See? Thats what I tried! But with SE. It was working to a point and then all the art became a jumbled mess... and I had the most violent crash I had ever suffered in all of my own PC history. Didnt let it patch. Didnt play. I think its time for something else. Unless you want to help me collect a few things? hehe. I have 50% of what I need... but cant get the rest.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Inside UO still works for me. Not sure why or how but it works. At least I can still see all images heh

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Did you try clicking on them, so the picture file pops out... with the ID#, so you can save it?

Otherwise it make an effor, a noise, and refuses. :-(

Posted Image
The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] - established 2001

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Oh wow. It must have broken with one of the last patches because it was still working a few months back. Weird. Yup it's broken :(