Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Did you see... this coming “holiday” goodies will include tiles?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

Owner: Red & Purple Emp.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Under Publish 79, what forced publish we got today...

Holiday Gifts

• Players will receive a gift bag on login during the month of December. This only applies to paying subscriber accounts and characters that are 30 days old or older.
  • The bag contains:
  • 3 Snow Tiles usable for house decoration
  • 3 Grass Tiles usable for house decoration
  • A Metallic Cloth Dye Tub
  • A random small decorative holiday tree: either a "winter tree", a "festive tree"
  • And rarely, an "infested tree". What is it infested with???
  • A card from a member of the development team

The SNOW tile is right off my long standing decorating wish list!!! However, they missed something.

I had published something about season changing for establishments, going from summer to winter and so on. What I’ve done is collect pure white champion plants for ages. Granted, I’m a little sad to see this go. I’m sure these new snow tiles will not have “depth”. In other words, they will be flat... white champions give the look of 2 foot of deep snow. So... yeah, I can't wait to see what they look like rather then my old way of taking care of this issue. Doesn’t mean I’ll do the tiles over the new snow tiles. hehe

The grass? Clearly, not as handy for anyone who owns a customized house. “If you want grass in that area... you would have grass in that area.” However. If you own a “classic” house? (Villa, castle, keep, small stone tower) Finally! You have garden space. It's true the “Large Marble” may be the only one with some kind of built in garden, but now you can expand on that. So I see why to have a grass tile.

What did they forget? S-A-N-D! :-) Hope my official question got asked about this one, gang. hehe. The one and very rare “issue” I have with the customized house system is that those designers “forgot” we have sand around the lands... houses in or near deserts... a ton of cacti, to garden with. That newer pipe cacti Sand. Gaza mats just don’t cut it, in my book. And, honestly, when you think about the more religious aspects of “holiday”... sand fits into it. We should get sand tiles. Of course we should also get jungle tiles too, but easily normal grass makes due. We have swamp tiles built in. Water. All kinds of great old classic ground, but not sand.

BUT... this, again, the snow tile, is something off my wish list... so everyone can now have a go at doing some winter conversions without dealing with the mutant plants. * Give this staff a thumb up, on this new item. ;-)
Posted Image
The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] - established 2001

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
When and where did you ask a question about sand?

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I'm excited for the tiles and can't wait to see what people use them for

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Well... the sand decor issue has been on my mind a long time, so its been years in total. However, after this news bit came out, I did have our friend Rupert send the question in for me. Maybe, if they respond, we'll see sooner then when they come out. hehe
Posted Image

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
This just in...

Posted today on UO.com:

Ask & Answer No. 10

From Purple Pixie, Atlantic
I totally think the bag with 3 snow and 3 grass tiles will be a miracle to those of us who love to decorate for the seasons and don’t want to go into construction mode and destroy our establishments. I just have one small request of wish for an addition... or even divide it 2x, 2x, and 2x... with sand tiles. We don’t have sand tiles in our house construction AND these could be used for “festive reasons”... not to mention in gardens to show off fancy cacti. Could you please consider adding them? Thanks (Lady Frany Flame)

Mesanna: Currently there are not any sand tiles in the same tile format as the grass and snow but I hope to get some good ones in the future *makes note*

Never seen my name on the front page of UO.com before! hehe

Also, for the record... I did ask Mesanna this one awhile ago. At least it's in the notes now.
:cool
Posted Image

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
I am in agreement with several others who have PMed me about it, its really a draining and un fun experience to have to log in every character you want this on, especially if you have many accounts. One could say, then just don't log in, but then one ends up feeling down for not getting the items. In this day and age "on login" events shouldn't be happening.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
You say that, but this game is definitely coded 15 years ago which is not this day and age. Something to keep in mind.

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
I really do think its an old decision thats just hung on and what the team is used to. I can't imagine simply checking weight and automatically depositing the rewards could be really that difficult. Though I've had several requests about it, so its really just to ask Mesanna whats up.

EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Are you saying 1 ticket, 1 item... per guy, like the old days?

I feel like I'm missing something.
BUT... I think its nutty that people do that. Tons of goods per account, vets have miltible accounts. But its far worse with these EM events. 1 guy on Atlantic, has like 12 super-heros, 12 accounts, all logged in and ready to go. Not counting all the very clearly newbie guys running around in birth clothes. STILL... talking CHRISTMAS ONLY... these bags are more valued in the following years. Just not the same year.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
No. LC is saying all characters should receive items without logging in on each character