Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Monster Loot Drops

- - - - - drops loot monster

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I just need to confirm a few things. So luck only effect the intensity of the drops (all items the monster has drops, jewelry/wep mods) and has no bearing on rate of arties that drop. Do certain monsters give better drops in terms of weps and jewels? I farm onis w/ 1450 luck w/tamer and get some ok weps and jewels. Should I try to farm something or somewhere else?

One more thing. Is it just my luck (no pun intended), but I feel like I am the only one who gets a really good shepherd's crook or a pitchfork w/ great mods. I think the UO gods are trying to tell me something. Has anyone else ever gotten the the great wep on a wep no one uses or how about a great jewel drop w/ every skill you don't use on one character.

Oh Yes Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Its not just you, I don't think I've ever gotten a good Long Sword drop in game, but I get mass amounts of gnarly axes, and a few darn good smith hammers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
You caould always try Ancient Wyrms or Balrons. I wouldnt recommend solos against Paragons with a Tamer, but the normal versions shouldnt be unreasonably difficult to solo with a trained up Cu.

You could always try Blood Elementals as well. There was a time where everyone I talked to said that Bloods dropped the best types of loot...

Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Succubus have had the best drops for me in terms of jewels and weapons.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I still see the best loot drops on swoops, but you get way more ML weapons and armor then the other kind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The 2nd best monster, in terms of intensity rating, is apparently the white wyrm

A japanese site once published a list of the loot listing/drops/packs and white wyrm was the second highest before boss monsters like those in the doom gauntlet

The highest monster in terms of loot/intensity drops was the skeletal dragon

But that's probably changed since Samurai empire and Mondains legacy
I'd hazard a guess the top monster is probably the yamandon

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Yamandon is almost impossible to solo with a tamer but an archer is different story.
Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
balrons, blood eles, succubus and ancient wyrms. plus the first three you can find all in one place(blood dungen). bards have NO problems with soloing any of them, well that is until the para shows up :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
So do all PVM players should have luck when hunting?? No wonder I get crap loot!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Nah, you don't need luck, you just need to be persistent. I dont use luck and get great drops frequently enough that I don't get frustrated.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
The only time I've used luck suits, and it was no where near 1400! was to do Green thorns & Bunnys! I must have a million colored eggs :P

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I have never had any kind of luck suit Snuggs and most of my Fencers gear is tuff Ive looted and enhanced myself...

Posted Image

mr_wonderful

mr_wonderful

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
i do pretty well against dragons.

but i'm mostly in it for the gold.

Posted Image
i'm not mean - you're just an idiot.

bendavho