Idea's for how to make all armour useful?

So with the Dev team wanting to make all armour useful what are some cool ideas that could make metal armour worth while again rather than just using Leather?

For me I think a cap on how much resists you can get with Leather armour would be good idea... where as metal armour can give you max resists....

I think some sort of extra blocking power with heavy armour as well similar to a shield could be classed as a "glancing blow" or something like that so maybe working with DCI that could work.

Let us know what you think and we can share the idea's with Mesanna and the rest of the team :)

I totally disagree wtih a cap on leather. Personally, I don't think any mage should be wearing plate. That just messes up spell casting - period. By lowering resist caps on leather, you'd be forcing mages to wear metal to reach max cap. And having to imbue or find mage armor properties.

Dragon Scale armor needs to be fixed. Right now it's essentially worthless. Fix the resists, the properties and perhaps have scale armor resists based off colors and then we're talking a bit better about balance.

I' m looking for some ideas in UOSS UHall,I can't find the reason of the correct Metal armor.

They say.... it is not balanced.... it is Not only metal armors. we should balanced all of battle rules.

I wonder who want to wear the metal armor. I am one of metal armor mania, From my young age, I have wear Chainmail and Plate parts.

everyone take care for it is weak.... I think It is not too weak. I can kill the Stygian Dragon with solo play, sometimes I went to hunting with guild members and get something Arti.

I think metal armor is enough for fighting. no need to upgrade.

We are not strengthening of metal armor.

we should decide the reference point of combat efficiency, should perform combat efficiency adjustment carried out after that based on the reference point.

I think it's not that Metal armour is bad... it does the same as leather armour.... but Leather armour is cheaper to make and you can use meditation with it at no penalty.. I think people feel like there should be a disadvantage to using leather versus using Metal armour or on the other hand an advantage of Metal armour compared to Leather because of this.

Simply take an example from wood. I really like wooden parts, my archer uses mainly wooden armor. Because additionally to the resist bonus, the special woods give other boni as well. M ypersonal favorite is bloodwood with the HP Reg. Add the same for metal and leather and make the leather boni tailored towards mages (mana inc, etc.) and the metal boni towards fighters (HP Inc, Stam Reg, etc.).

Oh, and for the love of god, give us possibility to make robes invisible or turn them into something less obstrusive. What does it matter what anyone wears as long as you only ever see their Conjurer's Garb.

Hard to say - For simplicity sake i would go for 'every type of armour protects the same and let it be a cosmetic issue.

AOS changed too much to return to the 'old' system and if one type protects better than others, then why have the others at all?

Refering to Armor - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia It is obvious that the "quick fix" was simply adding to the type bonus, which i guess, is what they are going to do.

As you can see on the page, there is practicly no difference in the total base resists ranging from leather to plate. Only the distribution of the resists are different. they are all 15-16 for human/elves and 30 for gargoyles.

Problem, there is to many types of metal to make them all viable, unless you break it into plate/not plate. Its been broke for way to long, the only ones that work "right" are leather and wood. Everything else is just garbage... Granted you "can" get godly samuria plate with a val hammer, I have several that are better than anything that can be imbued, but the likelyhood of getting those pieces of prohibitivly expensive and time consuming.... and reforging made it so all leather will be better than any plate...

Right now, leather has an extra property (basically being mage armor) so for each different armor type, give them a different base property as well. So for plate mail which you figure to be used by tank warriors, give them a base HP Regen maybe. Chain mail could have a base Reflect Damage and so on and so forth.

Edited by sablestorm