Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Fourteen Years Ago on Valentines Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Fourteen years ago in Montana a little puppy was born to the parents of an English bulldog and an American bulldog. At this same time a nineteen year old lad set out on a quest to become the owner of a bulldog. He searched and searched and searched. He put his name into veteranarian offices and called breaders as far away as Lincoln, Nebraska. I believe this young man had searched for close to a year. Finally giving up his search and just about accepting a lesser bread of puppy he set off to get ready for work. The girl he was with at the time came screaming into the room with a paper "FREE BULLDOG PUPPIES!"

Between the hours of 11 am and 5 pm the lady who placed the add had recieved 250 phone calls. Most of them were people that the young lad had employed to help him in his search.

And the puppie was brought home and given the name "Max". He wasn't a pure English bulldog but he was pure bulldog. And that was enough for the lad.

Years went on and that lad and lass separated and parted ways. And soon after that the young lad had to part ways with the bulldog. Not a sad way for that bulldog remained in the care of the lads mother.

That young man soon grew close to another woman and began a family with her.

And then came yesterday.

I walked into my moms house and saw my bulldog very stiffened with age and getting around very poorly. I knew something had to be done. Even if it was to end my friends suffering. I set up an appointment with a reputable veterinarian made financial arrangements to do what I could for my long time pal. Due to my work load I had to ask my mother to take him in. I gave her full permission to do what needed to be done. Since then I have dreaded the ringing of my phone.

Finally it rang............

He was given anti inflamitories, steroids, and fish oils. Your dog is perfectly healthy.:D

DAMNIT THAT WAS A HORRIBLE NIGHT!

BUT HERES TO MY BULLY!

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Your so mean! I read the beginning of this with fear and apprehension and tears in my eyes! My Fred dog is getting on in years, having some health issues and isn't the playful pup I remember rescuing. But I am so glad the lads Max is doing well.

kahlansig.jpg

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Ok thats good. Sorry to do that to you Kahlan. But it was a good exercise for me. Not my best in terms of writing. I see alot of improvements needed and errors made. But I had conveyed the mind roller coaster I went on (atleast to one person). Who knows. Maybe one day I will get all the stories out of my head.