Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

House Modification Pitfalls?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
It's been many years since I lastly tried to change the structure of a house. But I have this house close to the Ter Mur gate that really rather nondescript and boring, so I want to make some changes to turn it into a modest shop.Now, since it has been quite a while, I wanted to ask: To what to I have to pay attention when I go into construction mode? Do I have to clear every item out of the house? Or only the house addons? Are there any known bugs or other things I should know?A short heads-up would be really appreciated :)

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Indeed there are few things. But nothing big to worry about as far I know.
I would highly suggest using the classic client for house editing.

I know about following issues of the enhanced client in gards to house design:
- It is not possible to create "broken" staircases (like L-Shaped ones), also the EC will destroy any existing if there when going to edit
- It drops much more items into the moving crate (when items end up in an invalid position after editing, EC handles much more as invalid than the classic client)
- The "valid structure" check is little different he new client, if something does not work try it with classic

Other issues:
- Broken furniture/addons like stone tables need to be locked down before going to edit, else they will poof

It will notify you if any stuff (addons) need to be remove before editing the house.

Uhm.. think that's all.

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay