This is why I love Marines OOH RAH!

I admit I have a soft spot for all our folks in uniform, not just the Marines. I have friends in the Marines and Navy, family in Air Force, and I live by the Fort Hood Army base. You are always hearing about the flashy stuff, or the bad things. No one ever hears about the small quiet acts of heroism and kindness that our troops do on a daily basis.

Earlier this year a couple of guys on lunch break from Fort Hood drove by a house and saw smoke coming out. They ended up breaking in and saving the lives of two guys plus the family pets. After they made sure everyone was alive and ok, and the firetruck was on the way, they just went back to base. As far as I know, no one knows exactly who it was, but the guys they saved were trying to find them to say thanks.

Hrmmm seemed to work fine for me... I don't know youtube sometimes really dislikes me. It is the greatest video of all time though. Music is awesome and turned me onto a band I wouldn't have normally listened too.

It is blocked :(

I hadn't heard that but it is quite possible. From what I understood and the stories I have been told by my uncle it came about on a submarine. The diving bell sound "auuugha" was shortened by a drill instructor to oorah. Kinda far fetched to me but many things concerning the Corps have truths stranger than fiction. Many police forces and military units around the world use the war cry, and most trace it back to the Turkish phrase "vur ha". *yes I did some fact checking on this one*

I salute the troops. Is "ooh rah" a phonetic pronunciation of "Hau" it stands for "heard and understood" but does sound like "ooh rah" when yelled.
I hadn't heard that but it is quite possible. From what I understood and the stories I have been told by my uncle it came about on a submarine. The diving bell sound "auuugha" was shortened by a drill instructor to oorah. Kinda far fetched to me but many things concerning the Corps have truths stranger than fiction. Many police forces and military units around the world use the war cry, and most trace it back to the Turkish phrase "vur ha". *yes I did some fact checking on this one*

Not a Marine, but was Navy, and the diving bell thing is sort of inaccurate. They actually use bells for diving, instead of the 'oogah' horns, which are used almost exclusively for general quarters. The reasoning is simple - the sound waves from the bells are interrupted by the propellers of the sub, making detection more difficult. The oogah horns aren't blocked, and make detection via sound far easier.