Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What is your favorite pvp temp and why?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
I'm curious to see if anyone is alive on these forums and if so what templates they like.

I like a Mage with mix/maxed skills. This is usually a mystic mage with something like this...

085 Magery (120 with crystalline and +15 from bracelet)
120 Eval
120 Mystic
095 Focus (120 with crystalline and +5 from bracelet)
120 Resist
100 Anatomy
080 Poisoning

120 focus with 18 Mr handles my mana regen quite well. Not only do I have 70 DCI but I cannot be disarmed so I have a huge leg up on dexxers. I don't pack as big a punch as some of the specialty mages but poison helps a bit as I still get deadly poison. This template has 780 skill pts which I think is just cool. If I have to pvm, I can throw poisen fields and cast RC.

All in all its a very good template.

What do you got?

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Looks nice enough. I've used a similar setup on shards where I dont have what it takes to get the standard mage wep mage setup. I ran 120 anat (130 defensive wrestle i think) and 60 necro. Blood oaths vs no resist dexxers last 8 seconds and I get to use evil omens. Painspikes against a 12 resist mage still did 15ish dmg.

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I like the classic necro mage right now. I switch between nox mage and necro mage every couple months seems like.

Cain

Cain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Sorry I am new to the game what is mystic and necro and focus and I can guess what poisons is. What exactly do they all do?

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Necor and mystic are casting skills.

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
A few things here...

You can't have more than 120 wep skill with anatomy so 100 is all your need.

The formula is (Eval + anatomy +20 /2=Wep skil)

60 Necro 60 Spirit speak is awesome. Note that resist does subtract from painspikes original 18 damage.

Formula is ( Spirit speak - opponents resist +18= Dmg)

So with 60 SS, you do 24 damage vs non resist and 12 damage vs resist.

Evil omen works perfectly with only 60/60, Blood oath and Corpse skin also get decent time against resist opponents.

I do not recommend the "Classic Necro build" currently I find the 2-3 spells you gain for 120 points a waste. Strangle, Wither, Revenent are very good but I usually find a better use of my points.

Thanks for the replies guys!

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Wasnt aware anat had no benifit over 100.
Remember if you evil omen them before a painspike not only does it increase the dmg by 50% but also cuts their resist in half so you do almost double damage on that spell.

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Stealth archer. *drools*

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Hm does it?

I was always very sure it only did one or the other but if thats true, it makes things like Poison spell really good, as it will upgrade the poison and allow a better chance of it sticking.

Also painspike only upgrades damage by 25% but still thats an interesting idea.

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Anatomy WOULD have a benefit if your Eval was less than 120.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
True but what self respecting mage runs with less than 120 eval.

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Stealth archer. *drools*

A little more info please?

Template?

Weapons of choice?

I'm a PvP guru so I can imply what your doing but maybe your info could help someone else out.

I assume your using a Heavy X box to dismount, any preference on your mods?

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

True but what self respecting mage runs with less than 120 eval.

You know it. Still I thought it was worth making a point.

Downtown

Downtown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
When people on these and other places talk about "poison mage" or "necro mage" or "mystic mage" what templates are they talking about specifically?

Poison mage I suspect has 80 poisoning and normal mage skills. Do they typically use mage weapons and take other skills too or do they just pick up a lot of meditation, 60 necro mage?

Do necro mages actually run high necro/ss or just keep them low for the standard low end necro stuff (pain spike, short oaths, etc)

Mystic mages have room for something else aside from mage/eval/mystic/focus/resist. Ninjitsu maybe? or inscription?

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Ive seen a guy take down a gd with colossis, freaked me out at the time. I know taming isnt pvp but we all have dreams of killing a red.

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

A little more info please?

Template?

Weapons of choice?

I'm a PvP guru so I can imply what your doing but maybe your info could help someone else out.

I assume your using a Heavy X box to dismount, any preference on your mods?

Sorry didnt read that, erm best ive seen was a trammie named "a Trammie" on europa he wore a never diminishing assassins suit" which has horrible mods, a hunters headress, and had a selection of bows. He was also a ninja so the tracking bonus kicks.

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Deathstrike is terrible on Bows...

AIs do 35, I would stick with that.

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I'd like to gm running away, mostly i hide under the blankets nand sob until the bad men go away.

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Stealth archer. *drools*

keep that crappy pop shot temp on test center plz

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

keep that crappy pop shot temp on test center plz

Its awesome track, pop, kill, laugh. Not a true pvp but much fun.