Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Necromancy and warriors (sampire rev 2)

3 replies to this topic

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
There are too many replies to sort through the last sampire thread, so I updated the information. It's mostly in a list form to keep writing easy and narrative to a minimum.

As a disclaimer, I know that more information can be provided (I'm still not 100% up to date on the changes in the last year).

Other people may think differently about the basics, so bear in mind that these are just the templates and suits that I use and that they all work.

Tactics vary per template, so I didn't add them to the initial post. Usually it's a variant of honor-hit-kill-repeat.

Vampire or wraith
1. The template:
First 100-200 points:
First choose vampire, wraith or both.
Vampire: 100 necromancy, 0 spirit speak
Advantage:
20% hit point leech for every melee hit (ranged hits react differently)
Wraith: 40 necromancy, 60-80 spirit speak (numbers can be manipulated)
Advantage:
Up to 50% hit point leech from melee hits
Mana leech from all dealt damage (depending on opponenent's mana)
Disadvantage:
More management needed (frequently casting curse weapon)
Both: 100 necromancy, 100 spirit speak
Advantage:
All of the above plus necromancy spells
Disadvantage:
More skill points needed for forms.

Second 120 points:
Weapon:
Swords gives the best variety of weapons as well as the hardest hitting melee weapons.
Fencing gives the leafblade with armor ignore and feint specials on one weapon (no weapon switching in PvM!)
Macing gives hard hitting weapons as well, cheapest of skills to buy powerscrolls (good start for new players!)
Archery gives ranges weapons, but the hits are weaker than all other weapon types.
Throwing gives the weapon with the highest damage per second than any other weapon in the soul glaive. Adding armor ignore to that weapon makes it even more attractive.

Get 120 points in one of these weapons.

Third 100 points
Bushido:
100 points is enough, if you go higher than 100, go with 120 (but unless you have parry, the advantage is minimal)

Fourth 100-240 points:
Tactics vs. anatomy.
Get both. Tactics gives more damage than anatomy

Chivalry:
84 is good, more is better, less is likely not enough (unless your template is tight)

Parry:
Good to get the weapon+bushido+parry total to 300 for mana cost reduction on weapon specials.
Also good for blocking blows (taking less damage)

Ninjitsu:
For archers or throwers, a good alternative to parry for getting that weapon+ninjitsu+bushido over 300 for mana reduction on weapon specials.
Mirror images are great if you're in close quarters or fighting an archer (Medusa, for example)

Cookie cutter templates:
Note: These can all be fine tuned for your needs
Sampire (Author's favorite):
100 necromancy
120 swords/fencing/mace
120 bushido
60 parry
80 chivalry
120 tactics
120 anatomy

Wraith:
40 necromancy
80 spirit speak
120 melee
120 bushido
60 parry
80 chivalry
120 tactics
100 anatomy

For throwing (wraith):
40 necromancy
80 spirit speak
120 throwing
120 bushido
60 parry (or ninjitsu)
80 chivalry
120 tactics
100 anatomy

Old school (defensive)
120 melee
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necromancy
80 chivalry
60 anatomy

Your weapon:
Choose a weapon with armor ignore, feint, whirlwind, high swing speed, high damage, etc.
Sword: Broad sword, long sword, katana, daisho, radiant scimitar, etc.
Fencing: Leafblade, kama
Mace: War axe, hammer pick, tessen
Throwing: soul glaive
Archery: race change token, soul glaive

Weapon mods:
Always have stamina leech and mana leech (even for wraith!)
Swing speed is a must (but can be compensated for by other items)
Damage increase is a must (but can be compensated for by other items)
Then you have a choice between hit lower attack, hit lower defense, slayer, area effect. Use area effect for whirlwind weapons, slayer for whatever you need to slay, and hit lower attack for anything with no specific slayer.
Author's favorite: Broad sword with SSI, DI, slayer, stamina, mana leech

Armor:
The bare minimum:
All 70's resists (after your form)
40% LMC
45% DCI
45% HCI
25 hit points
Extra mods:
Stamina gain
Swing speed increase
Mana gain
Mods to avoid:
Reflect damage, mana regeneration, stamina regeneration, etc. (anything which can be better compensated by other items/skills/tactics)

Stats:
Just get as many stats as your suit allows. Cases can be made for high everything.
Str: gives damage and hit points. You need a lot of that
Dex: gives stamina for swing speed increase. You need a lot of that (enough for max swing speed)
Int: gives mana. You need a lot of that (At least enough for back to back special moves), but you don't need to max it out.

My "main" sampire has 100 str, 125 dex with the rest in int. I really need more str.
He also has 40 points of stamina on his suit, 25 hit points, 24 mana, 5% swing speed and 10 dex. (Taken from memory, fey leggings, ranger's cloak, crimson cincture, and the rest imbued)

Edited by Farsight, 17 August 2012 - 10:06 AM.

Posted Image

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Edit 1:
Chivalry gives 50% damage increase at 84-85 under enemy of one. I updated the chivalry bit, but not the templates (I'm sticking with 80 on mine for now). Likely the best solution would be raise chivalry at the cost of anatomy, thus sacrificing 1.5% DI for 4% increase. Or removing that 4-5% from tactics or spirit speak in the wraith variant. (less than 100% anatomy means a 5% loss of DI)
Posted Image

Venomusmc

Venomusmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
Where can I find more info on chiv skill vs dmg bonus to enemy of one?
Because I am at 70 skill and it says I get a 50% dmg bonus at this level

Edited by Venomusmc, 17 August 2012 - 01:48 PM.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The problem with the changes in chivalry is that there is literally no official documentation on exactly what levels do what, and the unofficial documentation (uoguide, stratics, etc) has no research on the subject.

So nearest I can figure is that high karma also plays into the amount of damage bonus you get from enemy of one (I'm usually illustrious or less, and get 46% DI at 80 skill). If that is the case, then the templates could be adjusted (again!) to compensate for expected damage increases.

Since my "cookie cutters" are for the inexperienced players (or those who don't want to do the research), I'll just let them stand as-is.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic