Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A boost for pirate hunting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Pirate hunting is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot of work to collect the resources you need for the fights. I was thinking, what if some of the rewards you could get fighting pirates were imbuing resources. Do you think that would boost pirate hunting?

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I like the current rewards on the boats as is. Adding another ingredient to them though wouldn't take away from the grind needed to go after pirates.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Guess they went with reforging resources instead. =)

Damia Gwynn

Damia Gwynn

UOForums StaffUO Reporter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBetween parchment and Iron
You can get a lot of the new refinements for armor from the merchant vessels at least now. And if you don't use them, you can turn them in for cleanup points. Personally the pirates themselves end up taking longer than the merchants do.. and with less reward, especially once you have an Orc ship.

Edited by Damia Gwynn, 29 September 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I have only ever hunted a pirate ship once... was an alliance event awhile back. I think it should all be totally random anyway. Never knowing what you are gonna get where.

kahlansig.jpg

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I'll go! (has dramamine)

JayT

JayT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
After Nostradamus showed me the ropes on how to solo pirate hunt I probably killed around 3 dozen pirates in a couple of weeks. Those hangout nights at the Golden Squirrel well you all know where those cases of smuggled liquor came from :P. The main problem is for the time and resources consumed to hunt and take the bounty on pirates its just not worth it. Spend almost an hour and you end up with 20k in gold, ingot/leather resources, and a few of those funny armor enhancers of which I now have a chest of over 100 which player vendors all over sell those same ones for around 400-500 gold each. Now I take my dragon down to the bottom of Shame or Coveteous 3 and in the same hour I surely will end up with something worth quite a bit more than what was yielded from the pirate hunt. Also the pirates and their orc helpers are ridiculously easy to take out just a bit time consuming. I posted a suggestion before for the Dev forum to give pirates different ranks of difficulty with corresponding rewards so that for example a top tier pirate would not be soloable you would need a small party of players all the way down to say the lowest tier pirate that you could solo much like it is now :D. All the pirates tend to be located just off the waters from Jhelom so they really arent spread out (maybe this is to protect pure fishermen players from being wiped out). Just implementing Sablestorm's suggestion would increase pirate hunting quite a bit if you knew you could find imbuing ingredients in the reward chests. If I could get 5 or so crystalline blackrock per hunt I would likely try to sink everything floating around Jhelom until the Governor there told me to stop. A ghost ship once and a while would be a nice changeup with an undead pirate sampire surrounded by undead minions it would go well with the Halloween theme too.