Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Catskills' Professional Dueling Association (EM Event)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Digitali

Digitali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
On August 12th at 8pm EST EMs Barnaby and Leonidas hosted a capture the flag PvP tournament.

Posted Image
The 4 v 4 was changed to a 3 v 3.

Posted Image
I was lucky enough to get a "press pass" to view the fight area before teams entered to start the event. They didn't want spectators because it was felt it would add even more chaos to an already chaotic fight. The objective was capture and hold both of the flags for 60 seconds.

Posted Image
This is the center of the fight area. It's quiet large and would take a minute to run from side to the opposite side.

Posted Image
As I reached the opposite end, I was informed it was time to go!

I wanted to view the fight so I asked if there was anyway that it would be possible. The EMs agreed to let me watch the fight - but there was a catch! I had to...be nude!

Posted Image
Once I had stripped, I found myself in the Catskills' Professional Dueling Association, which is owned by Barnaby. There were two teams. Cataclysm, Rasesar Wej and Provincia made up one team. Jooz, Ronnie II and CHAOS made up the other.

On the floor I noticed a couple of "Mage Duel Rules" books.

The rules are as follows:
-No weapons of any kind
-No mounts, pets or summons
-No animal forms
-No hiding or invisibility
-No use of consumable items other than reagents (bandies, potions, apples, etc.) Best to keep anything else out of your pack, as you will be snooped before the match.
-This is a Mage duel, so only Magery spells are to be cast.
-Spectators are encouraged, but anyone caught fighting or stealing will be banned from the arena immediately and not allowed back.

Please note - the fight I watched was not a mage duel!

Posted Image
There was fighting.

Posted Image
There was dying.

Posted Image
Then one team emerged victorious! The team of Cataclysm, Raseasr Weij and Provincia won bragging rights! After the battle, we were informed it was a trial event for CTF. (Capture The Flag.)

Posted Image
Some of us met back at the EM Hall to discuss ways to make improvements to the fight with EM Leo. While he listened to our ideas, he was kind enough to make us a few stools - one of which I took.

On a side note, EM Leo (Yes, I asked if it was ok to call him this!) is our new EM. He seems to be around often, chatting and joking with the community. :)

Edited by Digitali, 14 August 2012 - 05:01 AM.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Did he really let them bring a greater dragon to a duel, or was that some kind of joke?

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Leo is a great EM! Pacifics loss is definately your gain.

kahlansig.jpg

Digitali

Digitali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Did Pac get a different EM?

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
We are supposed to but I havent't met him/her yet! Looking forward to meeting them and maybe grabbing an interview. Really good work on this article!

kahlansig.jpg