As the project grows you might want to think about having people apply for buildings and decide how these should change hands. For example say all the buildings are appropriated and Bob joins CoB with some great ideas but would need a building and Sue holds the perfect spot but is never online and isn't using it for anything really (even if she once was) someone needs to have the balls to say 'hey, Bob's taking this'! (Obviously doing that IC would be FAB too I can imagine some very fun RP, but some sort of OOC safeguard to stop any ill-feeling would be good.

Building ownership shouldn't be permanent.

I believe all houses are supposed to work on a rent basis, so if your character is not online to pay the rent. They get kicked out of the house and someone else can move it. As soon as the rent system gets working obviously >.>

Hi all,

I know I'm not a part of CoB but I've been looking over the boards and thought of something that might help you.

There are a lot of posts with people claiming houses/NPC homes/businesses but unless someone sits and trawls through all the posts it's hard to know who owns what and which building are available.

You could probably do with someone keeping an up-to-date map of who owns what.

This could be a simple screeny of the map with coloured in buildings being the ones 'occupied', or be more detailed as to what each occupied building is for.

It would really help those just joining the project

As the project grows you might want to think about having people apply for buildings and decide how these should change hands. For example say all the buildings are appropriated and Bob joins CoB with some great ideas but would need a building and Sue holds the perfect spot but is never online and isn't using it for anything really (even if she once was) someone needs to have the balls to say 'hey, Bob's taking this'! (Obviously doing that IC would be FAB too I can imagine some very fun RP, but some sort of OOC safeguard to stop any ill-feeling would be good.

Building ownership shouldn't be permanent.

Such a map (over NPC houses at least) is currently being worked on, so stay tuned :)

Here's whats done though:

http://www.uoforums.com/city-britain-project-discussions/95822-map.html

Edit: and if someone becomes inactive that means they can't pay the rents, so in the end they'd be thrown out by default?