Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What type of event would you like to see when the EMs start working again?

- - - - - ems event start type working

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I want to see more diversity in the events. I want to see more events aimed at contests involving wits, not just fights. Why must every event here on Catskills involve meeting at the castle to hear about some bad guy, gating to some unknown location to fight paragon type monsters, dying a million times due to lag, and then gating back to the castle to hear that the bad guy was defeated before the EM logs out? I want to see more games, like solving elaborate riddles or puzzles. The event we had were we searched for different NPCs that would in turn give clues to finding the next NPC was a good idea, but there was too much time left in between the spawning of those NPCs. A one night event would have been better, that way all the NPCs are in place at the same time and there would be closure in a single night so we aren't left hanging for weeks. Mini story lines work much better than the long drawn out ones that people forget about or lose interest in because they take too long to reach the end.
Anywho, that's my thoughts, what are yours?
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
As long as it doesnt involve guarding nasty Llamas at a pen and fighting with immature adults about whether or not they were cheating for a WEEK straight, I would consider getting involved with them.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Ok, for the sake of keeping things constructive, I've taken out my portion of the post naming a specific EM.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Me too. I have nothing personal against any of the EMs, I just think they need to do, as you said, the events in a shorter span of time, not weeks on weeks. We had the Archimedes says game at the end of that Llama thing, and 90% of the people that showed up and got the prizes werent out there at all doing the guarding. My friends that were guarding the pens felt like it was a slap in the face to them, to see that.

I was never around for all the cool prizes that used to be given out, that I have seen in some homes on display, so I would like to see some useful awards, that can be used instead of decorations.

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
I think a more long termed, and perhaps non-linar type ordeal. Very similar to what the Seers used to have. But lets couple it with some short termed (a day or two) type full scale activity.

Having to bend to the EMs schedule isn't good for the populace. But something that can go on while they've gone to bed or their otherly duties.

I've been part of the Seer stuff, and know that cannot be replaced. But I have also been part and privy to some very well done Player type events.

Of course, I know they (the EM staff) are limited by what they can do, but with some well thought out ideas, they can make things go along very well, so that a majority of the players can get a chance at them.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Bag Ball Tourney!

The EM could announce it a week in advance each team would consist of 7 people. 5 Players 2 Subs.
Would give everyone a week to get prepped and practice a bit.
Then there would be a 30 minute entry period where they would take down the names of all the contestants and which teams they were on. Or maybe have like a sign up box at Castle Brit. This way the EM can set up the toureny the night before. Have 3 seperate fields.
Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place. And maybe a prize for every team that participated.

It would HAVE TO BE played in Brit Felucca (guard Zone though).
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Anne Nomilly

Anne Nomilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I'd like to see some events that are well thought out and organized. I want to see things that "fit". A lot of the past events that I've seen started with a good story line but along the way things happened that just didn't make sense to the story. Tell me a tale. When I get to the end, let me be able to look back and see all the steps it took me to get there. Give me an "AHA" moment or two. You know, the type of thing where you look back at some point and say "O! So that's why so-and-so did such-and-such".

And please, for the love of UO, if you say you are going to consult with the council, TELL US the council's findings! Too many times, things have felt unfinished.

And I completely agree with F'Nor. Some long term story arcs with some short start and finish events in the mix would be wonderful. But blend everything together. I don't like the choppy feel.

O! And have something that EVERYONE can participate in. Not just slash and hack. Challenge us. Make us think. No matter what our skills, let us put them to use. One example was the Quest for Ore. That started out as a really good story line but in the end, many were left feeling left out because the ending was a fight. OK, have a fight. But acknowledge the hard work of the miners and all who participated in every way. They came together as a group to do what they thought was needed. True, it wound up being for an evil purpose but at least acknowledge the team work that went into their effort. Something as simple as an engraved shovel. Nothing uber. Just a remembrance. My experience was that no one even did it for an "item". They did it for the FUN. But at least acknowledge the contribution.

Wow, ok, climbing off my soapbox now. LOL Gwen, you need to learn not to ask those questions! :X

Posted Image

TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
I think a big piece of the problem is who these EM's are. Maybe I am mistaken but they feel like outsiders who are thrown onto the shard. Frankly it seems that they just don't care, and don't have the ability or the people skill to do the job.

I would like to see an EM created from the midst of the regulars on the shard. People who have experience running player run events and establishments. Hell lets face it non Em events on this shard are run better as are the player run establishments and most guilds!

IF that isn't an option perhaps an EM can draw from the experiences of some of these Players and use them as part of the plot.

As an Old D&D groupy what we need is a EM( DM) that can run a module as well as a full campaign. We need someone that can write a gripping chapter...as well as complete the novel. I also think it would be best to include players and player run establishments...making each Shards events a small bit unique!

more to follow I am sure........

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I should definitly play D&D one day.....
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ems, event, start, type, working