Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Wrestlers severly underpowered..new sleeves have fireball? even worse.

16 replies to this topic

Losses

Losses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Edit: tl,dr: fireball breaking paralyze negates these arms from what they could have been into near useless.

Wrestling: the worst weapon skill in the game since the change to specials while casting

Only pretty much good for one thing at this point: Getting you killed

Paralyzing blow is 90% of the time negated by boxes.

Disarm is clearly a double edged sword: stop casting and go for the disarm which may or may not get you killed.

Don't confuse wrestle disarm with a real weapon skill disarm: those weapons do damage and those characters are built to take damage toe to toe. They are not the same and cannot be compared.

But wait: were putting new sleeves in the game. Uber sleeves! FCR! Hit Spell!

Why fireball? Why make the one good item wrestlers have gotten EVER crappy? Like those sad 10 DCI books. Why couldn't they be 15%? Why make things so hard for wrestlers?

Lightning on these sleeves would be a major buff to wrestle. It's a real sad story that they're fireball. Really is. You have a chance to bring wrestle back just a wee bit but you choose not to.

Please consider changing this..horrible implementation in the game.

Long live the wrestle mage, even through these times where it's pretty useless.

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
Anatomy only carry the defensive capabilities, hit spell with anatomy will give you nothing. since you couldn't hit an elephant if it sat on you with anatomy :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Losses

Losses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Anatomy only carry the defensive capabilities, hit spell with anatomy will give you nothing. since you couldn't hit an elephant if it sat on you with anatomy :)

LOL DERP?

Whoops..

Even still.. fireball? WHY?! Makes 0 sense..

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
well for pvp fireball is generelly prefered, cause it has a delayed hit, but due to the fact you probably wont be wrestling any spellcasters where such a thing would matter, i agree to the fact it pretty useless all together on a wrestler/one with anatomy ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Losses

Losses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

well for pvp fireball is generelly prefered, cause it has a delayed hit, but due to the fact you probably wont be wrestling any spellcasters where such a thing would matter, i agree to the fact it pretty useless all together on a wrestler/one with anatomy ;)

Nah, lightning is preferred on these arms. And Wrestling a caster is definitely something you do...Paralyze is good without a box..

The problem is, the fireball breaks paralyze about half way through it's duration. That's the entire point of this thread.

Literally renders one of the specials useless. Why couldnt we go with lightning?

It's like they go out of their way to not make sense..

Orc helm with 30 HPI when cap is 25..?

I plea for harm or lightning on these sleeves. Wrestling would actually be good again.

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
I always thought they should just make wrestle into a proper combat skill by adding things like brass knuckles, cestus, tigers claw, etc. Maybe with some odd quirks to make it different.
Typesetter and Reporter for the PaxLair Times.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Well, I will say these arms sound useless... does anyone have a link to them i havent been able to find the exact stats. If it is fireball though and viable for a mage weapon mage those -15mage wep bok mages just got a nice boost lol

Losses

Losses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Well, I will say these arms sound useless... does anyone have a link to them i havent been able to find the exact stats. If it is fireball though and viable for a mage weapon mage those -15mage wep bok mages just got a nice boost lol

The sleeves are 3fcr and chance on unarmed punch 50% fireball.

The problem is the fireball renders paralyze useless.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Thats about the most worthless thing they ever could have added... lighting prefered even harm would have sufficed for something lol

icd

icd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Mages are already O.P as hell.
Wrestle has one meaning, to evade and give disarm/para blow and thats all !
Try to fight as meele vs a good mage in pvp , lol... Evade evade evade evade + spamming heal+gheal and its nearly impossible to kill a good mage and now u want to change wreslers into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Ps: forgot to talk about how O.P are paralyze fields from mages in the Field !! 3 People from the same guild spammin paralyze fields so they cant never get killed by melees or anything else.....

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
icd please explain how mages are OP... The only mage template that is op is the mage with omen poison. As it stands wrestling is just not viable for pvp... for defense your better off going with anat+eval since with 120/120 it is "suppose" to avg out to be like 130 defensive wrestle. Disarm is nice but with no HCI would you be better off getting 2 mini heals off or stay moving until the mortal wears off or roll the dice on a disarm that will just make the dexxer run and you wont be able to get any spells off...

Dexxers are the OP class in the game with (throwers most of all)... no timer on disarm, no timer on mortal, 10+ dp charges on wep from a single dp potion...

Even para fields are not what they used to be since you can tele on top of them now. Used to you had to push through one way or another, now you can use tele items to hop right through them on a dexxer.

icd

icd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
I agree with you Dragkiris, but try to beat a mage with a melee with no poison, or even with poison. A mage can easily use petals/Gcure pots to instant remove Deadly and with one heal recover all the damage u made... and then u have no mana and enemy with full hp.
For example, today i made a dexxer macer ( no poison) and pvp with a pure mage, he stood static, while i was wasting all my mana, just ghealing and small healing and i could never kill him even with bleed+ armor ignore + disarm.
A melee can never use 2 times a special because they get out of mana ( since melee chars need all 3 stats , STR, INT and DEX) but a mage can spam Gheals and Small Heals without mana penalties and never run out of mana, not to say that Magery have both of two worlds: Agressive and defensive ( Gheals ).
Another aspect that i hate, this is the WORST is when 3 mages casts Paralyze Fields in some area, so no one can chase them and they can gheal/ cross heal themselves in safe, this is a game breaker against every other classes.
That and the fact that when mages have wrestling/eval u, as melee miss a lot and u can never dodge spells
This is why i think that mages have a lot of power already.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Sounds like you need to rethink you attack plan. With poisoning its really just deathstrike, dp, ai rinse and repeat. Your using naturally fast weapons and since you have hiding stealth you dont "need" the 4 sec heals so you can easily have 120 mana. Then there are the nerve strikers... just NS dp NS NS NS NS... rinse and repeat... then there are throwers...

icd

icd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
about the paralyze fields, can u explain to me how a melee can counter them??? thanks a lot!

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
resist, box and like i said you can tele on top of them now with either a scroll or a tele ring and you wont get para'd...

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Fireball for disrupt?
Posted Image

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Fireball for disrupt?

It is nice for disrupt, but if you run wrestling para blow is more important than an extra disrupt chance. Remember wrestle mages generally dont have HCI on there suit so if you try to para blow and finally succede on your 3rd try you dont want it insta broke with a fireball...

Reply to this topic