Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Resist Training from 50

- - - - - 50 resist training

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
How long does it take to work resist from 50-120?

When I worked it last I worked it from 100-120 so I don't know.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
First off, you can get to 60 by casting protection then spamming weaken on yourself over and over. Once there, grab some gear that gets you to GM resist. I suggest an aegis of grace, resilliant bracer, and then some ring or any other item. Once you can get to GM in skill, not in real skill, go and fight some imps in the hedge maze. You'll get great gains in real resist skill from that all the way to GM. Once there, eat your 120 scroll and keep at it. It takes a few days but it works.

Also while doing this keep an eye on your armor. Spells damage your armor so you gotta repair it every now and then.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
it shouldn't take more than 2 days.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I have been told to just cast weaken on myself over and over after 60 just make sure I have 2/6 casting and at least 12 MR.
Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
That is what I did a few months ago tho.
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
ah yea, if you got to the blackrock area and spam weaken on yourself, you get massive gains :)

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

I have been told to just cast weaken on myself over and over after 60 just make sure I have 2/6 casting and at least 12 MR.

So Weaken will take you to GM?

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Weaken will take you to 120 apparently.
Posted Image

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Man, that's a helluvalot easier than chasing imps around.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Yup, it only takes a few hours at the black rock area, 120'ed resist on one guy and 115'ed on 3 others in a day. Plus you don't lose any durability on ur armor, it's great.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
to get from 0 resist to 115 takes 2 hours. All ya do is ask 3 guild mates to cast weaken, clumsy and curse on ya. Don't just use weaken, it'll take longer. Use all 3 spells. Protection does not make you gain any faster at all, sorry folks, thats a myth. To get from 115 to 120 takes between 45 and 90 mins with 3 mages casting on ya. You'll only need 10MR or so, the spells are only 10mana each. It's not as quick to gain doing it on your self. If you have 2 accounts you can do it that way. But 3 guild members is easier. Even if they only do it for 30 mins or so.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I remember trying to raise resist back in 98 what a pain it was. Now it's cake.

Does anyone remember a bug back in 98 or maybe even in 99 where you could cast blade spirit on top of a crypt building and you would then go inside the building and it would attack you and gain resist?
Posted Image

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
You dont have to have people cast different spells on you to gain. Even if you have people with different EvalIntel levels, they can all cast the same spell. Weaken, Clumbsy, Feeblemind are the only spells you should cast out of efficency. I have not noticed any better gains going higher in circles and why burn more mana if you dont have to? I had gotten motivated a few months ago to get everyones magic resist up and even a handful of pets by having everyone get together for a few hours and just spam on one person at a time. if you have someone with higher eval, they will be the one that shows an effect on you. anyone with lower eval that is casting the same spell will sound like they are fizzing, but you DO get a magic resist gain check and they DO loose mana. This means it is casting but they do not get the battle effects of casting on you. Have protection on until you get over 60 real, then drop protection and you gain just fine. weaken is only four mana and fast casted spell. with any lmc and mana regen, you should be able to keep it going without any issues on mana.

The last way to gain before the anti macro code was taken out, was by using Honorable Execution and failing and then getting spamed on as failing to honourably exectuting your target drops your magic resist to Nil. I had gotten a charactor (by myself) from nothing to 110 in under an HOUR doing it this way. I do not believe it works the same any more and was a lot of clicking that you could not UOA macro (or not that I could figure out at the time at least)

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
You gain faster if the people casting on you cast clumbsy, weaken and feeblemind on you in a loop. And they are in the same circle I think. With 12 MR i didn't run out last time i was casting on someone for an hour or so. Rex might hook up with you l8r and help ya out a bit, will have to do it in Fel house cos my spawner is now red *cries*

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
If anyone on Atlantic is interested in some kind of cooperative resist party, please send me a PM. I have a number of chars I need to train and a 120 Eval mage who would be happy to spin some first level spells in return.

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
My guildie had two accnts he put one on one computer and other on other computer went to blackrock area and casted weaked on himself in 10-15 mins he was 105 :) So I would say about half an hour till 120 :)

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

I remember trying to raise resist back in 98 what a pain it was. Now it's cake.

Does anyone remember a bug back in 98 or maybe even in 99 where you could cast blade spirit on top of a crypt building and you would then go inside the building and it would attack you and gain resist?

Yup. You cast it on the second floor of a house, attacked it, then ran down to the first floor, and if it stayed on the second floor it would hit you slightly through the floors causing you mad resist gain. *In best Borat voice impression* "It's niiiice!"

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Thank Merecenary, for awhile I though I was crazy, LOL
Posted Image

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
i agree pretty much with Lady Destiny LS

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I just finished it took me 12 hrs from 50-120. I just set a macro to cast weaken on myself and watched TV.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 50, resist, training