Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Tell us your best memory from a uo rp event

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Be they funny or a death fest lets rember some together . I recall starting out naked and with empty packs stranded after getting drunk and robed . That was a fun one and it was a death fest .

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
I am not much of an RPer myself, admitted.

But am very fond of our auction events that run monthly, and we are in-character in our own softcore rp way.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Honestly last night had to be one of my favorite funny moments. I had it set up that everyone would have to lead my character out of the dungeon and keep him healed. Problem being that he would be wearing a cloak of corruption the whole time. Seems that when I logged him off to move on to my story teller I forgot about a fire elemental in the room. Killed him off and took the cloak I had just spent 500k on. So in an effort to keep it halfway difficult I had him attack everything he could find while unarmed. On this end I was really laughing at myself.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I know the feeling Asbjorn. I thought you rolled with the punches very well. I remember setting up a roleplaying event similar to yours. We had a captured Aleena E'lyn stashed away in Dungeon Rock in Ilshenar. The night before, we were setting up with Aleena set to log her character out deep in the dungeon. Now Dungeon Rock is pretty easy to maneuver around in. The spawn is mostly confined to the corners of the dungeon, with the occasional lich wandering around. Unfortunately for us, there happened to be a paragon execution which got wind of our presence and chased us down, killing all three of us who were there setting up. Aleena immediately thought the event would be too difficult and that we should change things up. Me, having spent a whole week devising the event, well suffice it to say my stress levels went through the roof. Fortunately we all calmed down, got everyone into position and the event went perfectly the next day.

I had another event where a party was supposed to find a cure for a character who had gotten diseased in a previous event, which I will talk about in the next paragraph. Part of the cure was to invade a ronin dojo and make off with a rare plant inside. The assault on the dojo began successfully enough with the party wading through the ronin with relative ease. Unfortunately Murphy reared his ugly head and two ninjas jumped out of hiding tipping the balance of the fight. More ronin respawned and one by one the party members began to drop. In the end, the quest to find a cure for a single diseased character wound up costing many a death robe for countless others. :)

My favorite event had to be the one I ran prior to the above. The quest was to find and consult with the Oracle of Wisdom in Ilshenar. For those who don't know, it is actually a shrine of sorts, with eight pillars surrounding a square of four runes. We had a large turn-out for the event and things ran fairly smoothly, amazingly enough. At the oracle itself, I had hidden com crystals behind the pillars using circle of transparency. I had a dummy character, "The Oracle," created with the broadcaster so that when the characters performed the necessary ritual, the Oracle suddenly spoke with them. There were many who had no idea how I managed to do this, so it was rather satisfying to see them impressed. It was also particularly satisfying to hear the kind words after event such as in the following post: Plan on being here please

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Way back in time, when everyone inhabited a single facet, our tavern (on Napa) was (in)famous for its no-holds-barred story nights. Performers would die, audience members would fight (without getting banned if they were in character, otherwise their ghost would be banned), and nobody was truly safe. But somehow we offered the illusion of safety until...

An enemy (roleplayed) of mine came up to me with an idea. The conclusion of his story would leave the ENTIRE AUDIENCE dead. He and his guild would mercilessly kill everyone in the tavern (myself included) at the appropriate cue. The staff of the tavern immediately agreed to the plan, and much to my astonishment, the plan went off without a hitch. Not spilling the beans before the moment was one of the hardest things I ever had to do in UO.

Nobody was looted, nobody turned red who wasn't already, and everyone was ressurected after the tale was told.

Half of the audience thought it was the best thing they ever experienced in UO to that point, and half swore they would never go to one of our events again.

It was a great success. And oddly enough, a swan song for the tavern, as the invasion of Trinsic (we were on the outskirts of Trinsic, no good RP in the middle of a spawn zone) and opening of Trammel happened right after that, which caused the more passive roleplayers to move away and nobody visited the tavern much after that. (Though the true last moments of the Red Eye Tavern was quite an event too, but that's a story for another day!)
Posted Image

Nathaniel Hawk

Nathaniel Hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Border Wars, Europa RP.

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
This got me thinking back for a funny one sable remember the ginger bread man at the merry meet that still makes me smile.

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Edit: Well.. This thread feels like it should be on the General Pacific RP forums.. But my best memory on "Pacific" was probably in New Haven when Ado and myself were doing random RP with Silverbow, was a lot of memorable moments here..

RP in general; my best memories were through Europa border wars and having my orc bang his head while playing drums for Willyfist..