Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Auto Map 8.3 Now In Beta

- - - - - 83 auto beta map uo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Sent to us by Wilki:

A new version of UO Auto Map is now ready for beta testing. Changes in this version include:

<ul>

<li>Support for the new, expanded map (new dungeons etc.)

<li>Better use of memory.

<li>Various bug fixes (hopefully the black map problems will be gone).

</ul>

To get more information and to download the beta, visit <a href="http://uoam.net">http://uoam.net</a>.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
[anti-helper proggie propaganda]

Time for one of my controversial views: I don't like the idea of UOAM.

I've never used Automap during th 3½ or so years I've played UO, I find the thought of having some freaky GPS system in Britannia takes away from the experience. I actually like the idea that I can get lost, need to check where I'm going from a map and then watch my surroundings. More realistic that way, and going somewhere new can be a real adventure.

Much like Assist, UOAM is most definitely not necessary to play UO. Makes things easier of course, but easier isn't always better. Stuff that comes easy isn't worth much anything.

[/anti-helper proggie propaganda]

:grin:

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I personally really like UOAM, I know when I first started playing, the little UO map did the trick, but I found out about UOAM, and liked the features, like being able to drop a marker in a place you may have found, say for people who arent mages and cant mark runes. The server link is nice to, for a guild with numerous people on it, and are able to see where everyone is on the map. It is very helpful when hunting, or if someone is saying "hey, find me on map, I'm getting ganked"

I like the new updates ideas, and cant wait for the new dungeon support. I especially will like it for paroxymus's dungeon. I hate running through there with a group and not being able to tell exactly where theyre at.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 83, auto, beta, map, uo