Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Auction house?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Salivern Diago

Salivern Diago

Ultima Auctions Broker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Hey guys!!

I've been chatting to various people over the last few weeks to get a feel for Catskills. Now I feel I've done that I've noticed that the community on our shard has fallen behind a little compared to those like Chessy and Pacs but that can all change if we all work together a little.

Thus I am thinking about setting up a regular auction house on the shard (Most likely weekly) and possibly running the odd event here and there. The question is... Would YOU support the auction house by attending/listing items for sale/donating to events etc?

I've been running events of some kind in UO for years (I've done House Drops, Auctions, Dungeon runs with prizes, Q&A's, DJing, GMing RP guilds etc). So if I put the time in... would you lot too?

Please let me know and if positive then I'll get the auction house underway!

Sal

As told by someone: Eventually, the sun has to shine again :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomusmc

Venomusmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
I'd go to these events in game if I am able to due to RL constraints.

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
@salivern, in our experience, you will have trouble gathering folks weekly unless high pop shard.

We currently doing monthly on Drachenfels.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Salivern Diago

Salivern Diago

Ultima Auctions Broker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Aye more than liekly but thats what this consultation is about :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I will help you run it if you got the house, as long as its not the same week as on pac. We could alternate it... let me know what u think!

kahlansig.jpg

Salivern Diago

Salivern Diago

Ultima Auctions Broker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Sounds awesome Kahlan!! :) i'll be turning my house just outside of Luna into the auction house :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Digitali

Digitali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
This is a great idea and it's something that I think the Catskills community would enjoy. I don't know a lot about how auctions are handled these days but look forward to seeing how you do it. I'll help where I can but as you know...my hands are a bit full finishing up things for the Grand Opening of Eventageous. Not all check these forums....but if you'd like to write a book and mark a rune...I'll lock them down on my keep steps. I'll also mentioning it opening day. I already have Foxie's festy book down on my steps. Just let me know. :)

Digitali

Digitali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
FYI Sal, over the last couple of days...I've heard more than a couple people mention that we need some sort of AH on our shard again. :) I think... *Grins* "If you build it...they will come." (sorry couldn't resist! :P)

Salivern Diago

Salivern Diago

Ultima Auctions Broker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
The AH is built, just needs to be deco'd out and a date decided for the first auction.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
message me on icq and we will chat about it :) get digi to help too~

The AH is built, just needs to be deco'd out and a date decided for the first auction.

kahlansig.jpg