Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Template Help

- - - - - template

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I didn't know all that, thank you unsupportable
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I don't personally like necro mage as a PvP character. I never really got into playing it, don't ask me why?

I am working the following mage template and obviously you don't have 720 points but will at some point in the future.

120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 swords
120 ninja
70 med
50 bushido

If you want a PvP mage then make a parry mage, I'm a huge fan of parry mages.

120 magery
120 eval
120 parry
120 wrestling
120 resist
100 med

You will be able to take dexers no problem becaue you can parry most of their attacks, of course NOT ALL of them, but I ran a parry mage as my red for a long time, I had over 350 counts before I deleted her. She kicked ass. Parry mages are expensive to get all the scrolls for so ya better get yourself some gold. :grin:
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Wrestling doesn't work with parry as well as it used to, to my knowledge, so I'd use a weapon skill instead. Macing is the cheapest 120 weapon skill i think.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Ah yeah, you're right Unsupportable. I forgot about that, Macing would be good, you could use SoTM then.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Wrestling doesn't work with parry as well as it used to, to my knowledge, so I'd use a weapon skill instead. Macing is the cheapest 120 weapon skill i think.

Plus, it's fun to kill their stamina and do damage to all the artie armor. Even if they run back and repair them, it's fun to see people freak about the damage.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Naw, it's not a hard cap of 18, it's an item cap of 18. My guildmates and I have tested it out. It was put in because some rich people were able to get 20+ MR just from items.

Elves don't get a passive MR regen, all they get is perma night sight, 75 cap to energy resist, and 20 added mana. edit: they are also allowed to wear armor and clothing that only elves can wear.

Humans can carry more weight, and have the jack of all trades, which gives every skill that's 0 a base of 20 instead. They get a better regen rate because if you didn't have any med or focus, they'd both be at 20 by default. So that's 3 MR and stam regen. Plus if you use ninjitsu, you can trak your opponent which will add another 10 or so dmg to a deathstrike. I've done 53 dmg deatstrikes before.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
man o man. is there a lot to think about. boy, maybe im not ready for some PVP action, but i guess ill die trying to figure something out.

thank you all for such support. i appreciate all the help and advice you have given me.

now what kind of combo's do you come up with.

also, how do you train poisoning? can i train poisoning by getting some poison and a dagger and just applying poison to the dagger??

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
This Post Was Not Approved By Oliveyochest
blue dalia-tamer/mage
o`bannon-legendary warrior
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule
ratfink-theif/excess skill holder.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
why healing? without anatomy, you wont really heal that well, and definately not heal poisons. I would throw those points into scribe. you can drop your nox down to 90, tactics down to 80, and after GM scribe, throw the rest into something else that isnt finished on your temp. That should work pretty nicely..

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
This Post Was Not Approved By Oliveyochest.
blue dalia-tamer/mage
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
not bashing on you blue, however this is my thread, so lets try to keep to my topic.

its really easy to create a new thread and ask your questions.

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
so flooding this site with 100`s of threads asking the same question makes better sense to you?that is why i posted on this thread to begin with.that is after all the subject on this thread right?i didn`t know there was some secret rule stating that it only has to pertain to your needs only because you started the thread.not bashing on you oliveyochest but ....grow up.

each thread takes up space and eventually make this site slower.why post another thread about the same topic?do you really exspect the members of this site to answer the same question on 50 different threads?i`m trying to understand why you feel the need post what you did.i was ON TOPIC....it just wasn`t about you......but hey,its no biggie....if you want to be the center of attention instead of hear about others ideas on pvp templates and input thats cool.i`ll retract my posts just for you hows that?does that make you happy?
blue dalia-tamer/mage
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
You know, you have a point Blue, maybe I ought to make a sticky for template help and advice...The only problem I would see is peoples answers might get lost in the pages of questions.. I'll think it over and get with you guys tomorrow, and let you all know what I come up with. I will try to make something work for this....

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
i never said i disapproved to you posting your template or anything. its just since you posted for advice, well, my question kinda got skipped over.
i would of maybe thought you would have at least answered my question before you would ask yours, thats all.

no biggie, and i don't mind that you posted. just thought an answer would of been given before you popped your question.

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
i`ve been on various forum sites (atv,music,ect) for years.so i know more bandwidth = more money.this site actually is the first i`ve come across where its ok to have a gizzillion threads about the same subject.as for peoples answers getting lost in the pages of the threads....its not that hard to remember what page you were on when you last posted?if you ask a question in here on a monday but don`t check for responses till saturday maybe you should have to sift thru 4 pages of posts because it must not have been that important to you to begin with.anyways now i am off topic and will stop on that note.
blue dalia-tamer/mage
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
my template had poisoning as a main part of it.....it was sort of a answer to your question.anyways.....i`m sorry if you feel your thread was hijacked.it was not my intentions.
blue dalia-tamer/mage
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
no biggie. and i apologize about my post. i guess it came out wrong

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
DON`T WORRY ABOUT IT DUDE ITS ALL GOOD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
one thing about me i`ll let you know exactly how i feel about things.i don`t pull any punches about that.

now back to the topic...
back when i was pvp`ing poisoning was a great thing to have because it added one more thing the other person had to tend to while fighting you.wether its a potion to drink,a spell to cast or a bandaid to apply.keep in mind this was before they had all the resist levels put on clothing/rings/ect ect.i allways wanted to create as much confusion as possible for my opponent so he wasn`t focused on offense.now if i`m not mistaken you can be gm in poisoning and if they have 70 poison resist it cut your odds of poisoning them greatly.but when it does land on them it`ll be worth it because it still does good damage amounts.especially if you are able to afflict "deadly" levels.the higher the level of poison the harder it is to cure.

some of the best pvp`ers i`ve seen use bladed poisoning/magery and are able to kill opponents within 5 seconds with the right combo of moves.this is what i dub the "bum rush" tactic.but that was years ago (pre aos era).

i hoped that helped.
blue dalia-tamer/mage
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
That tactic still works, but with all the speeders lately, it's difficult to be able to run up and hit someone.

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
another one i seen alot was the hally/mage.....lol i seen alot of newbs go down with that template.HAHAHAHA!!!MYSELF INCLUDED!
blue dalia-tamer/mage
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template