Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Template Help

- - - - - template

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello Everyone and thanks in advance.

I need some help. Total newbie to PVP, actually total newb to UO. Ive been playing UO for about 5 months now. All PVM and would like to try PVP.

If some of you PVP'ers can show me the path to a template, i thank you in advance.

This is what im thinking, but i may be way off.

120 Mage
120 EI
120 RS
120 Necro
100 SS
100 ninja
20 Med.

My suit is pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Resist: 70, 70, 66, 68, 75
100% LRC,
35% LMC,
FC 2,
FCR 6
MR 15 from suit and Jewls

Am i missing anything else?
Any advice would be helpful, since i don't really know if these skills work.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Solid template, and holy crap, at 5 months I was nowhere near even beginning to need to think about pvping, and your suit is really nice for just starting out.
Is it safe to assume you are using a staff of the magi/swords of prosp as a weapon, for your deathstrikes? If so, then yah that sounds like a good template. I would not mix necro/mage myself, I would drop the necro/ss for something else like parry and nox, but if you can get it to work more power to you, good luck and welcome to the world of PvP!!

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
right now, i haven't picked out a wep to use. i would like to find a wep that is a 1 handed wep, just so i can drink pots and whatnot just incase my spells frizz.

i don't even know what a nox is. care to explain. and just wondering, why you wouldn't pic necro/ss?

also my suit has, i forgot to add on, SDI. i forgot the damage amount, but i think its a decent %.

i feel though this process will be a fun learning experience for me. what should i expect. any tips as well??

thx

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well nox is poisoning. With 120 magery/80 poisoning, you can hit people with lethal poison, which is level 5. The total just has to hit 200 between the 2.

I wouldnt pick necro just cause I think it is a boring skillset. Thats just me though. I could find more effective skills to use, like parry, which is a very useful skill, if you dont have any DCI, you will get hit EVERY time by a weapon if you dont have parry. You wont even have a chance to block them.

May I ask though, why you plan on doing ninjitsu without a weapon skill? I could see using a staff of the magi, since it uses your magery skill as a weapon skill, therefore leaving you able to hit and use the ninjitsu spells with it.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
i will replace necror/ss with parry and poisoning

so new template would be

120 mage
120 EI
120 RS
120 parry
100 ninja
80 poison
20 med

now i still have 20 skill points left over. do you think i should put it in med. or completely drop med and put it somewhere else, though i think every other skill will be worthless with 40 skill points. or do you think i can get away with less than 100 ninja? or would you drop ninja and put it into busido with the extra 20 to make it 120 busido?

i will use either the staff or prosperity.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
120 your ninjitsu, and have atleast 80 dex, otherwise parry is pointless. If you don't have atleast 80 dex, u get a parry penalty. Perhaps try to find a SC Kryss with -20 mage weapon. If it has HCI, even better. Something like this, however, would cost a bundle.

If you're playing an elf, keep the 20 med, if you're human, move the med to your poison and GM it.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
ah, i forgot about the dex thing. my dex is very low. i think only like 25 or 27
most of the points go to my int. damn, this is going to be very hard.

doesn't a -20 mage weapon defeat the purpose of me having mage. isn't it higher the mage, higher the damage

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
naw, what happens with a mage weapon, is that when you equip it, it takes your magery, and uses that as your weapon skill. So if you use the staff of the magi, with -0 mage weapon, you're hitting as if you had 120 weapon skill. However, -20 is the lowest it goes on a "normal" weapon, so if you have 120 magery, you'd be hitting at 100 weapon skill. It's the only way to be able to use a weapon if you're a mage without any weapon skill.

Your damage is based on your strength, the weapon, and any other damage modifiers like tactics, and anatomy. Your weapon skill level affects how often you'd land a hit on someone.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
thank you.

now, where do you think i should have the stats at. now, i have about 110-115 STR, 25-27 DEX and 125-130 in INT. this is with jewls and stuff all added together. im using a +25 stat scroll.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Atleast 100 str, anything lower than that and you're going to get owned by a 3hit mage combo. Curse, explosion/flamestrike/ebolt, you're dead, even with 120 resist and 70's across the board. This only applies if they mage you're fighting has 120 eval and some spell damage increase as well.

80 dex if you're keeping parry, and carry plenty of enchanted apples on you to get rid of any negative buffs cast on you, because curse will lower your dex, then parry becomes useless.

The rest goes into intelligence.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
i don't think i want to give up my INT. so maybe i will try

Mage 120
EI 120
RS 120
SS 120
Necro 120
Nox 80
Med 40

or should i go

Mage 120
EI 120
RS 120
SS 100
Necro 100
Nox 80
??? 80

or

Mage 120
EI 120
RS 120
SS 100
Necro 120
Nox 80
??? 60

sorry, bout this. but i can't afford to give up such huge chunk of INT

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I would go with your second option and use that last 80 into med. I ran a template just like your first option, but I found that I ran outta mana all the time. So that's your only down fault, lack of mana regen.

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
well, i do have 15 MR with suit and and jewls. i seems like i can't run out of mana, so im very pleased. my mana is at 160

isn't the cap on MR 18?? if so, all i really need is 30 med, or will i not see any difference from 15 and 18. if not a huge difference, maybe i can put those 80 points in a different skill?

What do you think

and thx for helping out. I really like this forum. so many people willing to help

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
The cap is 18 for items, not for skills. So if you had 18 MR on your gear, and 120 med, you'd have 30 MR total. 15 MR is good, but it's still gonna be hard due to the fact that you're casting high level spells at a high rate. You can try it, but it was still hard for me.
  • oliveryochest likes this

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
then 80 med it is. im a complete newbie to PVP so i will go with your advice.
thanks for taking your time to post

i forgot about my cap of 700 skill points so must be like this

120 mage
120 EI
120 RS
100 Necro
100 SS
80 nox
60 Med

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
That should work well enough. Good luck

oliveryochest

oliveryochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
thx, one last question.

should i go with an elf or human?

and can someone please explain the benefits of humans?
i don't have a human char and would like to know your opinions on which to use with this char

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
If I remember correctly from reading about the new "hard" caps, the cap for mana regen is 18 total. It is a hard cap, with items + skill combined.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
not sure about humans but I know elf energy resist is at 75 max whereas, hunams is only 70
Posted Image

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Elves get an extra 20 mana. The regen rates are different as well. Elves get MR+1 and humans get HPR +1 and StamR +1. Humans have more hit points, i think. Humans get 20 skill default, so if your skill is 0, you actually have 20. However, this does not stack, if your skill is 19, you still only have 20.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template