Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Weird template..

- - - - - template weird

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Necro
SS
Sword
Bushido
Ninja
RS
Parry

Would this work? maybe change bushido/parry for chivalry/tactics?

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Whatcha gonna use to heal yourself?

You going to chug pots?
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
spirit speak can heal

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
SS in pvp is not very useful though, its too slow. Although that template has bush, so you can confidence, but I would say it would end up being very pot dependant. Plus all 7 of those skills would be worthless at GM only. The only one you could probably get away with is resist at GM. I would never pvp with a weapon skill below 110, but thats just me.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Necro
SS
Sword
Bushido
Ninja
RS
Parry

Would this work? maybe change bushido/parry for chivalry/tactics?

I'd change RS for either Tactics or Chiv

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

spirit speak can heal

Don't PvP much, do ya?

SS is not going to help you in a fight, sorry.

Ditto to what Bo said, you better be able to run and chug pots cause Confidence is great but it won't CYA all the time.
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

I'd change RS for either Tactics or Chiv

and get eaten by every mage/necro/spellweaver out there. Every PvP template needs at least GM Resist, although I won't go below 120 on mine personally.
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

and get eaten by every mage/necro/spellweaver out there. Every PvP template needs at least GM Resist, although I won't go below 120 on mine personally.

Can you still use evade against spells, because if you can you are not going to get eaten everytime. Not to mention, there will always be something that you will be weak against. My mage gets chomped on all the time against stealth archers. *looks around to make sure Maddux didnt just hear that*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Can you still use evade against spells, because if you can you are not going to get eaten everytime. Not to mention, there will always be something that you will be weak against. My mage gets chomped on all the time against stealth archers. *looks around to make sure Maddux didnt just hear that*

Do you really want to rely on evasion in a fight for your only line of defense against spells?
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Do you really want to rely on evasion in a fight for your only line of defense against spells?

Hey, it was an idea so chillito amigo, but there are ways around having RS, specially since they twinked it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
True, there are ways around resist, aka pop boxes, orange petals, potions. But if you are in a long fight, and have died a few times, chances are you wont get back to your body to get those items, and you may become the easiest target on the field. My spawning char doesnt use resist, but I have ways around people not wanting to loot my body. I separate the petals into stacks of 1, bandages in stacks of 3-5, boxes are lost though. Nobody wants to take the time to loot your stuff 1 at a time, so generally they pass on....

As far as the chillaxin goes, remember, we are probably the best source out there on template advice, so in order to keep that going, we shouldnt judge or jump on peoples ideas too harshly. It is ok to tell them it is not a good idea. Don't go sugar coating your answers, but at the same time, try to remain friendly and CONSTRUCTIVE!! That is what keeps people from being shy about posting in here. Try reading other forums where pvpers post and they will jump ALL over non-pvpers trying to learn about our UO lifestyles, and possibly turning them off from ever trying to pvp..

Just a heads up guys, thats all...

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
I think I'd skip Ninja and spread the points across the other skills. Seems a hefty price to spend 100 points for 2 primary use spells (Focus Attack & Death Strike) given the vulnerabilities elsewhere.

Even then, healing is likely to continue to be an issue, even with Confidence/SS/leeching weapons.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Hehe, you think that's whacky try this.

parry
music
discord
swords
magic resist
chiv
poison

Use a singing axe, discord opponent, switch to psn butcher knife, poison, then crushing blow with the axe. Tons of strange fun.
  • Adri likes this

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Hehe, you think that's whacky try this.

parry
music
discord
swords
magic resist
chiv
poison

Use a singing axe, discord opponent, switch to psn butcher knife, poison, then crushing blow with the axe. Tons of strange fun.

LOL, Axing Bard of Death ftw :grin:
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
It works really well in pvm, but haven't seen it in action in pvp. I'm not quite sure if discord works as well, or even at all, in pvp. I might log into Test center sometime and tessssst it out! Muhaha

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I was about to ask if Disco worked in PvP, if so I'm going to have some fun.

As to the OP I agree with Wittylizard, drop ninja.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
no it does not work. I think it would be awesome for choke point fighting though. Knock out all the witherers!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Boooo!

Ah well, back to the drawing board.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Peacing works tho.................or at least it did 6 months ago. Not come across a peacer in a long time in fel.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I'm sure about directly peacing someone but when I area peace it takes people out of war mode.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template, weird