Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Partial Transfer from Soul Stones/Frags?

- - - - - partial soul stones or frags transfer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Still getting caught up after being away awhile. Today's question (in 3 parts) is regarding the transfer of skills off soul stones / fragments:

1. Can I transfer part of a skill off a stone and leave the balance on the stone?

Example: I have 100 points on a stone and want to transfer some of the points to a character that has 65 points in the same skill that is on the stone. If I attempt to transfer the points to the char (assume the charcter is not scrolled), will 35 points move to the character and leave 65 points on the stone?

2. If the answer to #2 is yes, are the remaining 65 points still available to be transfered to another char w/ room?

3. Any difference between full stones & fragments in this regard?

TIA

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Still getting caught up after being away awhile. Today's question (in 3 parts) is regarding the transfer of skills off soul stones / fragments:

1. Can I transfer part of a skill off a stone and leave the balance on the stone?

Example: I have 100 points on a stone and want to transfer some of the points to a character that has 65 points in the same skill that is on the stone. If I attempt to transfer the points to the char (assume the charcter is not scrolled), will 35 points move to the character and leave 65 points on the stone?

2. If the answer to #2 is yes, are the remaining 65 points still available to be transfered to another char w/ room?

3. Any difference between full stones & fragments in this regard?

TIA

I'm not 110% sure, but I am almost positive that you have to transfer the entire "balance" on the stone.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Its either all or nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Also, you can't "add to" a skill you already have, as your suggesting.

So you have 35 on a skill and 65 on a stone, taking in the 65 skill from the stone will not get you to 100 skill, only 65.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Figured that was probably the case. Too bad. Would have liked to sacrifice one char and top off a few others with resist.

Thanks, all.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
If that was the case, people would never have to train characters..hehe.. You could 120 a skill in a matter of minutes with 4 soulstones. It would have been cool, but very bad at the same time

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Yea, realized that after I made the post. (6th char slot + 50 magery + 50 resist + 2 soul stones) * Rinse / repeat = Easy character construction

There those darn devs go thinkin' again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partial, soul, stones or frags, transfer