Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A problem with the xbar

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Every time I go to a new page the bar reloads itself, causing a delay in loading the page or the page reacting. Its not much, but when you're used to pages loading near instantly, then its annoying.

This is in Google Chrome.

Anything that can be fixed?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Are you using version 2.3.9.0 of the Chrome GameXbar? Which version of Chrome are you using?

Just tested it myself. I'm using 2.3.9.0 of the UltimaXbar, and 18.0.1025.168 m of Chrome. Pages still load nearly instantaneously for me (I have a 45m conn), and the "bar" does redraw with each new page. Basically it is because it is not really a toolbar as Chrome doesn't support toolbars... so it is an Chrome app trying to look like a toolbar.

Give this a try... go to Chrome's Setting>Under The Hood>Clear Browsing Data... then check and clear Empty The Cache, and Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data. Make sure you uncheck the other data fields you want to keep first. When finished, exit Chrome, restart Chrome... and see if that helps. You know how it is, a huge cache can bog things down.

Let me know please what happens.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Its google chrome 18.0.1025.168 m

The newest version you had on the site.

I have uninstalled it for now and things returned to normal. I will try it again at another date where I have some free time to fiddle with the settings.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Google just updated Chrome to version 19.0.1084.46. For me the Chrome GameXbars are slightly faster now.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Ok, cool. I'll give it a go later and let you know how it goes. :)