Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Archer/Mage Stats?

4 replies to this topic

Grogg

Grogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've just come back to the game after quite a few years and created an archer/mage. I've been trying to figure what to do with my stats. Since I technically need all 3, should I balance them? If so, I won't be able to use hxbow w/o buffs.

75 str
75 int
75 dex

or should I concentrate on the primary skills, and use lighter bows/xbows?

50 str
87 int
86 dex

or.... ?

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
What do you want to do with your Archer Mage? PvP? PvM? What kind of PvM? Peerlesses? Or only ettins? Or something in between, like the Swoop?

Grogg

Grogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Eventually I'll probably PvP, but for now I'm just worried about PvM. I'd like to take it as far as I can. Currently I'm doing Titans/Cyclops (Most of my skills are in the 80s), but I'd like to get to end-game.

Unfortunately I don't really know much about end-game atm, so I can't really name any specific areas.

How different would the stat template look if I start doing PvP?

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Honestly I don't know how to be effective as an archer-mage. But maybe dragkiris, Mirt and others know.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Honestly these hybrid templates are more pvp builds. But I dont think archery is the best route. If your wanting a casting spell for summons and heal I would say mystic would be better route. RC makes a much better tank, you get healstone, can keep cleanse winds on spell trigger. For the PvM aspect of it I would say if you had 75 mana at 40 lmc that should be fine with a good mana leach bow.

Reply to this topic