Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Throwing templates pleeasse :)

15 replies to this topic

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
So i got this old archer, and i know how obsolete archers are, i took archery off of him and this is how he sits naked right now

120 anatomy
120 tactics
100 healing
96 bushido..

im not sure if i wanna go with the pvp thrower temp, or the wraith form tank temp, so shoot me some ideas please :)

Baruk_S

Baruk_S

UO YouTube Creator

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
*grabs a rock and chucks it* <-- Throwing essay??..LOL

Just kidding though, first and foremost, your character needs to be a Gargoyle to be able to toss anything, without that prerequisite, Throwing will not happen.

Other then that, it is a pretty straight forward skill as well as any other weapon skill.
All that remain is to get one of the 3 throwing weapons for him and start tossing them at your opponents to learn.

If I am not mistaken, Ter Mur also has a Trainer for it, allowing to buy up to 40, and quick learning to 50, just like the New Haven studies.

Pirate Roberts

Pirate Roberts

Liberators of others Things (LooT)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Anatomy
Bushido
Throwing
Tactics
Chivalry
Spirit Speak
Ninjitsu
Necromancy

I created this for travesty solo, which I do in about 6-7 minutes with the right weapon. I also hear that this or a close variation is good vs. Slasher, Grizzle, Dreadhorn, Paroxy, and Stygian Dragon to name a few. I'm slowly but surely getting used to this template.

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,220 posts
  • LocationDenmark
I am a little behind...but why is throwing better than archer?

dragkiris

dragkiris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
higher DPS. gargs get a 50 HCI cap +5 inate HCI. All throwing weapons are one handed. Soul glaive is hardest hitting weapon in game and has armor ignore/mortal specs.

Pants

Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
What would the stat's for a thrower be?

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
gm camping, gm herding, at the least!

dragkiris

dragkiris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
max str and dex/stam then mana

toeleo

toeleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I started a Gargoyle with the intention of making a thrower for PvP, I was thinking something like

120: throwing, anatomy, tactics, bushido
100: healing
60: chivalry
40: necro, ninjitsu

Please feel free to comment and make this better, I am just returning after many years and looking to see what people think of this and ideas to improve.

dragkiris

dragkiris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
put throwing ninja and resist on there. throwing is so OP after that it doesnt really matter

toeleo

toeleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
what exactly do you mean by that, are you saying i should just max resist and ninja ignore chiv and necro? if thats the case what about hide/stealth?

dragkiris

dragkiris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
Why would you do hide/stealth on a thrower you cant deathstrike with a ranged weapon. What good is chiv in pvp when you can use stam pots? If you havent already check your pms

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

you cant deathstrike with a ranged weapon.

When did that change go in?

dragkiris

dragkiris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
A long time ago...
to be exact you can deathstrike it just doesnt do really any damage

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

A long time ago...
to be exact you can deathstrike it just doesnt do really any damage

So what you said was "you cant deathstrike with a ranged weapon", but what you really meant was that damage was limited in PvP with deathstrike.

Yes, it's limited. The additional damage from someone running after being hit with a deathstrike was reduced but it is still a VERY valuable attack, for both melee and ranged attacks.

Please take more care with your comments when advising others.

dragkiris

dragkiris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
Not for ranged attacks. I know its capped in pvp but with melee its still very strong...

Reply to this topic