Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Where to go?

6 replies to this topic

SadMaz

SadMaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi everyone i tried to ask the same questions via pm's and in the sampire thread but didn't get many answers(some ppl answered and helped :)

I am a fairly new UO player and after i messed around with a mage the first 2 months i decided i can't do much with him and needed a PvM character so i followed what i saw mostly on these forums (and stratics) and made a Sampire.

Alright after the huge prologue lets move to my question i have read and think understood how the suit building and everything works and i think i know what i want to do hehe,my problem is where.I am not fully build up yet just tweaking chivalry with parry and lookin for 120 ps for tactics and bushido since i am new i have 700 cap so my template so far looks and will be like this:

Fencing 120
Tactics 110 ----->120
Bushido 102 ----->120
Chivalry 74 ------> 80
Necro 100
Parry 81,8 ----->60
Anatomy100

prolly i ll let anatomy at 100 since i miss the 20 points for now (and long time to come :P).

i found some friends in a guild at Europa shard which make gamedays far better than solo and met some very generous ppl that helped me with items weapons etc ,i m quite far from a good suit but at least i can now practically farm miasma semi-afk(trying to chain AI's at least)....my question is where to move now or is Miasma my only option?

Since being kinda new i am not sure of exact scaling of the PvM content,am i ready to try sommit new is there something i miss besides actual playing skill(been doin rats,oaks with the guild i dont think there is a way for me to solo em,i die like crazy sometimes)

Deadly Serious

Deadly Serious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Maz,
the most important thing to realize is your defense and that your gonna want to hit that 45 DCI cap, a swamp dragon with exceptional armor and the special move Feint that is on the Leafblade.
Also what needs to be taken into consideration is your weapon and ideally you if possible if you can get away with not having SSI or a slayer onto it, so that it can imbued highly with mana/stamina and even hit life leech. This is achieved from as much stamina increase and DEX+ as possible.

With everything taken into account with 120 bushido + Feint you have a 50% reduction in damage + 20% from swamp, 45% DCI and swinging with everything that is required for you to keep taking heat and giving the target what for.

Regarding the template, i have played around with mine for ages and very soon im going to be testing out my disco sampire. Anatomy imo is really a waste of 100 skill points if you don't have healing, it just doesn't offer an increase in damage that would improve your safety or even damage to another extent with a leafblade.

Getting the 60 in parrying is a good idea, that with LMC will ensure you chain AI's and this is really your damage, not 100 in anatomy.
I wouldn't underestimate Chivarly, i have mine at 120 and i love it, divine fury offers me great stats at only a -10 DCI penatly, but that is easily made up due to the other bonus's. EoO is increased in damage and along with honour you don't need a slayer weapon (unless your clearing champ spawns with Whirlwind), and cleanse by fire and cleanse works 80%+ of the time regardless of the strength of the creature im fighting, the only thing i've had to do in my build is add FC but this is easily achievable with Sign of order + jewels.

Miasma is in terms of difficulty incredible easy and if you want to test yourself a bit more try Coil in the Abyss, that snake has a very good weapon skill and will mortal wound you and poison you much more often that Miasma, aswell as hitting you.

Once you think you've got it you should try taking on the twisted wield alone, taking on all the named changelings and all sorts for the keys and then finally doing the Peerless Dread Horn is a sign of your template and build succeeding to the minimum standard.

Im on Europa aswell and my sampire is Blade and if you have questions the general chat isn't bad at all.

SadMaz

SadMaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Wanted to post last night but my ISP decided i should not have access to the net hehe....

Thanks for the tips i ll try what you said first with the coil and then at twisted (i visited that place once and those damn changelings made the moving sand a deathtrap).

I m going to try with resist on today instead of anatomy but to be really honest my post wasn't made to ask on sampire templates and equipment and maybe i shud have posted it elsewhere.

As i said besides the Dungeons i already knew from earlier eras of the game (not official mind you,yes i kno we wont discuss bout that) i have no clue what came out after in what order and where people hunt for drops or gold.For example i thought that Dread Horn wud be my last target after i m fully trained with an amazing suit :S

edit:went with a friend at twisted wield i think i shud not go there for a long long time hehehehe

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Ive seen people take on all three of the names changlings with just a soul seeker and heartwood suit, the one that gives all the stat bonuses.

Deadly Serious

Deadly Serious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Twisted Wield should be taken with caution at all times, at the start of the maze you could have a number of changelings on you and if your unlucky a paragon one THEN a dryad singing you into peace nearby which has to be one of the sickest moves in the game :P

consecrate weapon or an elemental type damage weapon is very important, all of the changelings are very high in physical resist and i always take extreme caution when handling Smite, that changeling does mana vampire and if you don't get your mana back well, u best change into a mana regen suit ^^

Dread Horn is the easiest boss for a sampire as all it does is poison and do a few attacks but the curses are pretty decent.

btw on resisting spells don't expect a great deal off it, it reduces curses strength and duration and saves you from getting paralyzed. I used to swear by it but after i mastered chivarly and have FC 3 i can remove curses easily and resisting spells doesn't seem to protect me from mana drain so i couldn't care less for it. Just putting that out there.

also if your after easy cash if you can situate yourself in the corner where the spiders spawn, that is probably the easiest method i have found for making spare change as those named spiders drop after a few hits, around 3k gold each one.

SadMaz

SadMaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Actually noticed that bout the spiders i was telling my guildmate that if i survive the sand part i cud stay hours on those spiders hehe.

WolFie

WolFie

PvM only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
and there is yet another post on this one but i shoud just sopy and paste what i wrote there lol but anyways... you want your parrying at 120 as well with 120 bush and parry and wearing NO shield you have something like 30% blocking things through either parry itself or evasion with bush and thats without having to use the skill evasion which i do quite a bit and highly recommend it! and if you go tht route you NEVER wanna hold a shield it drops blocking to something like 5% there is an bush/parry blocking reference on stratics!and i agree anatomy is useless waste of points you can have chiv to help you with the damage hitting u will lose through either enemy of one or concecrate wep!

Reply to this topic