Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Best Non-magic using Mob to farm for items...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Anyone know of a good Non-magic using Mob to farm for items?
I like the troll in the Shame entrance but i dont like that most items are cursed/brittle/ whatever.
Any other mobs in game that i can solo that are non magical in nature?

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
unbounb energy vortexes in shame give great items and are non magic casting. They even drop an occassional legendary item. I get alot of stuff thats not cursed or brittle too.

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
nice...what floor level are they ??

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
fourth or fifth if there is a fifth. I recall right in to where they are. Theres an area where three or four spawn. just lure one of two away from the others kill em and go back get the other two. decent respawn time.

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
per chance you know if they can be provoked? are they insta-killers? lol they sound hard

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Yea, they can be disco's so prolly can be provoked.

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
i tried fighting one of these with my mage. i dont know if theyare immune to magic or not. will try again in a bit

Hook

Hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
How did it go?

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
They are meant for melee fighters. Taking hardly any damage or no damage or at least no decent damage from magery or pets iirc. They also teleport you to itself like the turkeys. As a ranged fighter, tamer or mage you don't want being teleported. They don't have the nasty anti sampire aura so naturally sampires are doing pretty well. I was missing a lot of swings (look for the thread about that here in Uoforums) with 120 weapon skill, max Hci and 30% HLD from Mace & Shield reading glasses. It got a lot better when I crafted a new weapon with additional 50 % HLD. Uoguide says there is no cap for that. It's also easier now to maintain Perfection with the killing swing so I'll get the luck bonus more often. Often two at a time can be tackled. I've heard some people with better gear can even survive against three at a time. Maybe with whirlwind?

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

How did it go?

horribly. i need to do my HW. tried with my warrior and my mage. my sammy aint ready yet so maybe later lol

Any other good mobs that can be farmed ? ( non magical)

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
If you are after relic fragments - I find the lizardmen at the entrance of dungeon Wrong easy. Yet I still get some relic fragments from their loot. Can also easily be killed by a tamer - and I guess by a mage, too. Be careful the archers don't kill you.

Apart from that - what kind of items are you looking for exactly?

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
mostly swords/weapon drops with higher intensity mods. I like the drops on the cave troll in shame but i dont like that they are all cursed or brittle

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
If you don't like cursed items don't hunt shame or wrong. You do get some non cursed stuff but you need to grind it out and tolerate the crap.

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

If you don't like cursed items don't hunt shame or wrong. You do get some non cursed stuff but you need to grind it out and tolerate the crap.

ive gotten a few nice things. i was just wondering if there was a spot with the same level of items or higher intensity without the cursed properties. Might try the Unbounds again tonight with my warrior.

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
You'll probably get 99% cursed from the unbound energy vortex.

Drws

Drws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Actually ive gotten quite a few uncursed and non brittle items off of unbound energy vortexes. and quite a few legendary items that aren't cursed or brittle or unrepairable.

Hook

Hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I tried the unbound and learned that was a no no. It seems there still really is no place for pure mages in the game. Melee or tamers only. Am I mistaken? I don't have any gear except a basic lrc suit and no gold, under 100k. Is it realistic that as a mage with that for resources, returning to the game isn't viable? Anything gear wise decent, costs millions and I am just making maybe 900 per artic orgre lord kill.

Any advice?

Duke Hammerfest

Duke Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
i usually farm Destard, Shame, and some tokuno areas. usually 2 dragons will net me 2500g, the jewels around 100-500g per drag, and i skin the drags and put the hides in the bank. End of the week i sell the hides as commodity deed on my vendor pretty cheap, so weekly im making 1.5 to 2Million.

the earth eles in shame also drop colored ore. i save that up for a month, have a miner smelt it for me, then sell it too.

this is all as a provo mage butusually with slayer books i can kill most my mobs in a few shots
as long as you dress your kills you can make a little more !

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I tried the unbound and learned that was a no no. It seems there still really is no place for pure mages in the game. Melee or tamers only. Am I mistaken? I don't have any gear except a basic lrc suit and no gold, under 100k. Is it realistic that as a mage with that for resources, returning to the game isn't viable? Anything gear wise decent, costs millions and I am just making maybe 900 per artic orgre lord kill.

Any advice?

Too be honest upgrade your template if you want to fight newer creatures. you're using a template, pure mage that's as old as the game. The newer creatures have been designed around the newer skills, pets, spells that have come out and the increased amount of damage they can deal out. If you want to play a pure mage you'll need to stick with many of the original inhabitants from when the game was younger or get some slayer spell books and tough it out.

Hook

Hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Too be honest upgrade your template if you want to fight newer creatures. you're using a template, pure mage that's as old as the game. The newer creatures have been designed around the newer skills, pets, spells that have come out and the increased amount of damage they can deal out. If you want to play a pure mage you'll need to stick with many of the original inhabitants from when the game was younger or get some slayer spell books and tough it out.

Can you suggest what template to use as a Mage?