Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How To Setup Ventrilo For Alliance Server.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Rusko

Rusko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I want to thank everyone interested in using the RP Alliance Ventrilo Server.

I have put together this small 'Tutorial' on how to setup your Ventrilo Client to connect to our server.
I have also included the basics to actually being able to talk over PTT (Push-To-Talk) or TTS (Text-To-Speech).

First, You should download the latest version of Ventrilo's User Client (here)
It is best to know whether you need 32 or 64 bit version. (How to Find Out Which You Need)

Once you have downloaded and installed Ventrilo on your PC, go ahead and open it up...

Posted Image
1.) Once you have opened ventrilo click the "->" button circled in red above. This is where you provide the username I provided you with.

Posted Image
2.) Click the "New" Button circled in red above.

Posted Image
3.) Type in the username I provided you with in the box and click "OK" circled in red above.

Posted Image
4.)Everything else you see here is extra features that I will not cover in this Basic Tutorial. Click "OK" circled in red above.

Posted Image
5.)Now let's add the Server Info. Click the "->" button circled in red above.

Posted Image
6.)Now, click the "New" button circled in red above.

Posted Image
7.)Type "RP Alliance" in the text box and click "OK" circled in red above.

Posted Image
8.)Now we gotta put the Server Info in the text boxes.
Hostname or IP: RPAlliance.OurVentrilo.Com
Port number: 3871
Password: (The password I provided you with will go here)
Now, click "OK" circled in red above.

Posted Image
9.)Now you're ready to click "Connect" button circled in red above.

Posted Image
10.)Now that your logged in, let's get your settings correct by clicking the
"Settings" button circled in red above.

Posted Image
11.)Now make sure the "Use Push To Talk Hotkey(PTT)" box is checked underlined in red above.
Next, click inside the "Hotkey" text box, and press the key on keyboard or button on your mouse that you want to use to transmit.
After you verify those two options are correct, click the "Speech" tab circled in red above.

Posted Image
12.)Now make sure the "Play Text-To-Speech" box is checked, it's underlined in red above.
After you finish that, click "Okay" circled in red above.

Posted Image
13.)Now some of our users don't have microphones and they use Text-To-Speech(TTS),
In order for you to hear them talk, you must click the "Chat" button circled in red above.

Posted Image
14.)Next make sure the "Enable TTS" box is checked, underlined in red above.
Now you can just minimize this window by clicking the "Minimize" button circled in red above.

Posted Image

Now you are ready to go, considering you make it that far, any further questions can
be asked inside Ventrilo.

I hope this tutorial was helpful to all RP Alliance members. Thank you for using our Server!

-Rusko the Shade

Rusko

Rusko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Here is the link where you can provide a donation of any amount towards paying for the Server's Hosting.

Donate towards our Vent Server Here

You can use Paypal or Creditcard. It does not send money to anyone, the hosting company for the server transfers all donations into "credit" on my account towards paying monthly bill.

This is NOT required to use our vent just posting it incase anyone was interested in helping out.

Thank you,
-Rusko the Shade

Rusko

Rusko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Please contact Kahlan or Myself to set these up.

Thanks,
-Rusko the Shade