Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

GRI

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Wynnleif

Wynnleif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Please put a sub-forum for GRI back on the Catskills Guilds pages. This is a 15 year old guild that is still active today so please add us back.

Thanks.

Wynnleif

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Pitr would need to apply for such a forum, assuming he's still the gm.
What happened to uoguilds.net? did they shut it down?

Wynnleif

Wynnleif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
I don't know. I'll ask Pitr to apply then.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Pitr would need to apply for such a forum, assuming he's still the gm.

Thank you.

What happened to uoguilds.net? did they shut it down?

uoguilds seemed to be your baby, once uoforums also moved on with a uoguilds.net I decided to change our address/domain... best wishes to your endeavour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ahh, Rupert's site?

You should've kept UOGuilds going, it had a lot of GRI history on it :P

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Uoguilds.com is not a forum.... The only thing similar was the name... There no need to stop the name... Although a domain name based on your alliance would make more sence perhaps govened by the council or what ever you use to control the alliance?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I agree, you could always register a domain representing your guild, then simply point the domain at your webhosting space.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Uoguilds.com is not a forum.... The only thing similar was the name... There no need to stop the name... Although a domain name based on your alliance would make more sence perhaps govened by the council or what ever you use to control the alliance?

Nah... I am the GRI Tyrant... I rule alone... no need to take a vote or discuss anything... my guild, my will.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
well get my boss you need a forum and we have spaces :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

I agree, you could always register a domain representing your guild, then simply point the domain at your webhosting space.

I have a new name and a new domain... I just decided not to make it public...
GRI had enough heat for some years... this time I am quietly watching as the UO economy coming full stop... and enjoying the traders panik...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
what has UO economy to do with you having forums hehe, and how are people to find you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

well get my boss you need a forum and we have spaces :P

Nah my friend... I remember the past posts, on the moderators private boards, about me and Oriana.
I never forget anything or do I forgive anything... we follow Torm... the "God" of Retribution...

All other guildmates are free to post, develop a guild thread... whatever they wish... me... I will quietly enjoy my time... pointless to argue or debate anything. I will play UO my way... even if most dont agree with it. I will also run GRI on my own tyrants way and ban/ignore all the members that bully/disrespect others.

Thank you for your kind offer and best wishes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Pitr, I have no idea about the life of the traders you mentioned. How did it come to that full stop and why? Is it due to game changes? Maybe it'd be fun to watch quietly for others, too, so why don't you share a bit of knowledge?

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

what has UO economy to do with you having forums hehe, and how are people to find you?

For some years we opposed how some shards were controlled by selected few... that made GRI a favored target.

We also got some GMs fired in 2007... and I got a nice death threat (I sent him my address, if he ever would come visit me in Portugal)

Greed and cheating made UO a dark place... for some years the decay and the deception were almost unbearable... but a group of friends survived it all.

Our forums were used against ourselves by those that wished our Playstyle to vanish (quiet enjoyment of the game, with each member being self sufficient)...

With the UO Economy dying... those players left to other shards... while their presence diminishes... our Guild still goes on strong... proving that our Playstyle will survive even when UO will mean profit zero.

We... won.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Hm if you encountered all that it doesn't really sound all that peaceful (not that I am blaming you! ).

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Hum, that was more than 80% of the fun... :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wynnleif

Wynnleif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Okay. It seems like there is stuff going on that I don't know anything about. That is okay. You guys play that way.

However, I am not you guys. I am a guild member of GRI. I love playing UO. I'd like our guild to have a subforum on the Catskills guild forum section. If you can't do that because you've got some crazy guy kind of thing going on, then just say so.

Thanks.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Build it and it will happen...

You, my dear Wynn... like all the emmys, will be the GM this year... so you can ask for the GRI area in these boards and have fun.

Me, on the other hand... I'm just old and grumpy.

Great job leading and promoting UO... Cya soon!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wynnleif

Wynnleif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Thank you, Pitr. And, have an awesome birthday!

Wynnleif

Wynnleif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
And, Adam, Pitr says I'm the GM of GRI. What do I need to do to apply to get a subforum on the Catskills Guilds section of this site?

Thanks.