Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Antwerp Heritage in UO

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hail all,

Since I was born and bred in Antwerp, Belgium, I was thinking of building a UO guildhouse in the form of something typically Antwerp, a house with a courtyard and a "pagaddertoren".

To give an idea what a "pagaddertoren" looks like, I am enclosing the following link: http://www.andreabrewee.be/plaatsen/antwerpen/19%20pagaddertoren/index.html

You may notice that a pagaddertoren is octagonal.
I tried on Test Center to simply build a square tower and a round tower, but it's just not the same.
Also the square roof on top of the tower looks horrible.

So I am hoping that perhaps a creative mind among you might have an idea and would be able to make a suggestion or two.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks on beforehand!
Tarragon Slayer
Dream interpreter of the Mystical Circle on the Drachenfels Shard

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
That's a nice building. I'm guessing it is an eastern-inspired pagoda design.

Anyway, the only tile set that lets you make octagonal towers is the dark greyish-brown granite type stone set that large towers and castles are made of. There are vertical and horizontal pieces (as well as curved walls too). Give those a try!
Typesetter and Reporter for the PaxLair Times.

Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Many thanks!
I think I have found it.
Still needs a bit of work, but it should be possible.
And this is actually the stone material I wanted to use anyway.

I will be posting a picture when it's ready.

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard179.jpg

Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a first design now.
Not entirely sure yet about the materials I am using and the lay-out inside the guild home.
But the tower looks acceptable.

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard180.jpg
  • Clipboard181.jpg

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Excellent work. The star shaped building 2 posts above looks Russian for some reason.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Very nice so far!

Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Many thanks.
It's starting to take shape now, and I probably won't be changing too much anymore.
Still not entirely sure about the building materials. I tried to make the second story with plaster walls, but somehow the contrast was too much.
In the present materials, it has a bit of a solemn air to it (I tell myself :reye), which is fine considering it's to become the new guild house of the "Mystical Circle".

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard183.jpg

whatshertoes

whatshertoes

Maker of pretty things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
very cool!

Bruce Mcduff

Bruce Mcduff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Nicely done.

Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
How time flies! It has been six months since I started this thread. I had built my home as I have shown in the screenies here, but somehow didn't come to decorate the interior. Finally, I came to the conclusion that I didn't like what I had built. And so I started again.
It still isn't completely ready. Still a bit of room in front of the stables and nothing yet in the harpsichord room, but everything else is mostly where I want it and how I want it now.
I am showing you the results here, but you are welcome too to take a look for yourselves on Drachenfels, near Yew, coordinates 85.31S 43.22W

Attached Thumbnails

• TarLair01sep2012.jpg
  • TarLair02sep2012.jpg
  • TarLair03sep2012.jpg
  • TarLair04sep2012.jpg