Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

I am having comp problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Not sure I'll make the hunt I trust that the other sage members will take over if I can't get it fixed glad I got this I pad tell grim or asbjorn for me thanks

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Will do. We can toss some nets or do doom run i have the skulls. Hope to see you though!

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Thank you this is all I got right now think I may have to replace the old gal I can't rember how old it is was still xp

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
A moment of silence for my old pc got new one on the way feel like I should bury this old one

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
When do you get the new one? Did the hard drive survive and will you be able to pull all your files off it and transfer to the new one? I still have my original PC that I first played UO on. Can't play UO on it anymore, I fear, but the dinosaur still works.

Kahlan

Kahlan

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I wish I had my first UO comp... would be a blast from the past for sure. OK now I have a general question maybe one of you guys can help me with. There is a file, a uo file that has all my characters pre programmed macros in it. I forget what its called. But I know there is a way you can copy this file to new characters instead of having to set each individual macro... Any idea what I am talking about?

Baruk_S

Baruk_S

UO YouTube Creator

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
Depending on your operating system, but basically you can find it in your profile Directory on C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\EA Games or for Win7 C\Users\%user%\My Documents\EA games\

Kahlan

Kahlan

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Can you elaborate a little? Walk me through how to do it please? It has BEEN forever since I have done it and I am not sure what I am doing.

Katherine Meale

Katherine Meale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sorry you were having computer problems.... that sucks

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
On the bright side this means the liquor stash is unguarded.

Baruk_S

Baruk_S

UO YouTube Creator

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
Kahlan, the folders I specified are for WinXP or Win7 (never used Vista, but I would think it is a similar folder)
Inside those folders (where %user% is the username witth which you log windows in) it has the EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy Client or Enhanced Client folders... in those folders are the Macro folders.
All you need to do is just copy those out of there, to a USB stick or some medium, and replace them on the other computer.

I hope it helps.

If not, you could ICQ me (13979416) and we can see if I can assist you some other way?

Rusko

Rusko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
to avoid less confusion kahlan, you don't exactly have to find that exact folder by its name...

- check your 'My Documents' Folder for a folder named 'EA Games'...

- Inside this folder you should find Folders named after all the shards you have logged into.

- Inside those folders you will find folders named after each character on that shard.

- This is where macros and other stuff are store like where your backpack is positioned on the screen etc to open each time....

-Copy the contents of the folder named after the character that is already setup with macros.

- Paste contents into character folder you wish to apply same macros too.

This should work depending on your OS.

Katherine Meale

Katherine Meale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sweet thanks guys for telling her this cause it helped me too!

Haddy G

Haddy G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
One of my old laptops and my daughters laptop died last week. Must be old age. :)

Be sure and save your uoassist macros. They should be in your program folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\UOAssist\UOA-Settings
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
It was hard drive. But I had my settings on back up shouldn't be a bigg deal

Kahlan

Kahlan

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Now this is a thread to be proud of! I didn't lose my macros per se but I want them to match across my accts, the main ones anyway. And this has been invaluable. Baruk sorry I did not icq you earlier but I slept all day due to feeling like warmed over boura butt. :reye feel free to add me though and whe you do I will get you set up with vent info.

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
4/5/12 new pc arrives god I hope they are giving that date so I'll be surprised when it comes faster I might try my junk old lap top but doubt I can move on it some one keep them guys out my liquor store room you know who you are

Kahlan

Kahlan

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
*creeps into the cellar, stepping lightly on the creaky boards. lifting the small keg to the side, i fill it full of caps best rotgut and sneaks back out... leaving the more obvious parties to be blamed*

Come back soon!

Asbjorn

Asbjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
*Middle of the night SAGE Hall. A group of shadowy figures and two dragons moved along the outer limits of the great keep. One of the dragons snorted a sound of displeasure.

"Will someone shut him up?!" He is going to get us caught!"

"By who Maethorin? Tell me exactly by who?" snapped Lady Kat. "He has drunk himself into the longest coma in Britanian history!"

"What about Parker? Won't he put an arrow in our backsides?" Tibbs shouted from the back of the line where he was desperately trying to hold his wings in tight.

"Tibbs you shut up as well or I'll have you eaten by Kat's fat dragon!" Maethorin then began to reach for the door. Grabbing a hold of the elegant lion fixture on the heavy oaken door he began to pull ever so gently, ever so quietly.

"MY DRAGON IS NOT FAT!"

Maethorin lept back tripping over a pile of robes laying on the ground. He attempted to catch himself on Kat's shoulder but she moved away leaving him to splash in a pile of mud. "Fine your dragons not fat! Just quiet down all of you!"

The pile of robes suddenly stood up mumbling and grumbling about damn kids not letting a distinguished gentleman get his proper rest. He waved his hands and spoke an incantation to light his torch to see exactly who had disturbed his nap. "Right, should have thought so. Of course it was the elf. Virtue forsaken sops climb out of a tree and think they can just jump up and down willy nilly, to and fro, tra la la la, all happy while a respectful man gets a proper rest."

Maethorin whispered "Grim put that thing out"

Maethorin stepped close to try again as the wizened one wouldn't keep his tongue "Grim will you put that damn thing out and shu......Hey how the hell did you fall asleep in the time it took us to get here from your keep anyways?"

The old wizard kept on about his tirade. Making even proper sailors cover their ears to keep out the foul curses and complaints about elves being the downfall of modern society. His mighty ti-raid finally came to a close with strongly put command "ABRAXUS SIT ON 'IM"

The mighty dragon flapped his wings once and brought itself atop the parapet of SAGE Hall. Looking down at his friend and master he shook his head in denial.

Grim pressed his hand into his forehead in frustration. "Look dragon we are all in this together." The great serpent crossed his wings and shook his head again. Grim grabbed the hat off his head and threw it to the ground "FINE THEN DAMNIT JUST ONCE!" With that Abraxus took a deep breath and breathed his fiery breath on the elf covered in mud. When he felt that Maethorin was the proper temperature the dragon gave him a proper sitting on.

"mmmmmpphhmmmphh mmmmphhhmmp" came a sound with one arm flailing wildly near the dragons backside.

"Let 'im up then ol' boy".

Maethorin wearily rose to his feet and began to curse "DAMNIT YOU OLD WEIRDO THAT HURTS! OH and look at this right and proper no hair again! He burned my hair off again! Uggghh were is a healer? Which one of you can heal this mess? I know hey Kat? Kat?...Kat?....Kat?"

Tibbs piped up "Her and her dragon took off in a huff while you were nose deep in backside. Said something about heal your own damn self. And rightly so. I don't think you should have"

"Shut up Tibbs" Maethorin rustled around in his pack, took out a bottle with a yellow covered liquid in it, popped the cork and drank. Some of the burns cleansed and closed themselves. With a case of the heaves Maethorin attempted to compose himself. Right then an archer came up behind him from the group

"Hey Maeth? What if we go in from the rooftop? It is closer to the liquor stash? And we can just roll the barrells down the stairs and out the door."

Maeth quickly turned around to face the man "Your here? With us?

"Yes, yes I am."

"Sneaking in. With us?"

"Yes, yes I am."

Maeth slapped his forehead in frustration "YOU LIVE HERE PARKER! You very well could have just opened the door and taken the booze and we could be at the squirrel having ourselves a time right now!"

"Yes, yes I suppose so."

Maethorin picked up the taters of his burnt cloak and stomped off into SAGE woods. "Steal your own damn liquor then. I have had it. I'm goin home!"

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Ha great job you should do this more often.