Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Yew's Golden Squirrel

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
This is the story of how six years back a small tavern got her name. At the time she was built, land was very scare. While on a trip to the Yew Winery, I stumbled upon an open plot with a huge tree in front of it. It wasn't a huge piece of ground, but it was very close to the winery. I purchased the land and the Yew carpenters start right away. They kept complaining while the work was going on that something was raiding their lunches. Soon enough they had the work completed and we were all moved in. Being so close to the winery and my love of drinking, what better then to open a tavern. So while we started stocking the shelves and filling the pantries, we noticed that something or someone was wondering off with some of our food, mostly nutsand candies. It did not take to long, one night's stakeout. Bright and early in the morning, with the sun shinning through the big tree, a figure appeared. It had a halo of golden light around it from the way we were looking at it. This was where the name originated. We still have to leave treats out for the squirrels to keep them from raiding the pantry.

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I love the location of the Golden Squirrel. So beautiful and serene.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
I've a mind to tame and release squirrels there now.

Palin

Palin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Good read cap, thanks. Would also like to thank Rupert for opening up these boards. If a rp board should be named after something, it is the Golden Squirrel.

Capricorn

Capricorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
For a time I did set squirrels free but hush now and don't look em in the eyes those sheep kept doing something to the tamed ones you can't trust that pen full sheep

Kahlan

Kahlan

Legendary ScribblerUO News Manager

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
shuriels?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts