Back when my friends and I played UO, there was this player-killer group called Juevo Diablo, or something like that. We called them JD, for short. I remember two members of the group, Alice Cooper and Juggernaut. These guys would terrorize everyone on the shard! It made adventuring a lot more fun, though, because of the extra element of "fear", but I know everyone hated it when they arrived on the scene, their red names proclaiming their evilness. "An EX Por!" and "Corp Por! Cor Por! Corp Por!" filled the screen and we'd all be frozen in place and chain-lightning'd to death! Heh, those were the days.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone remember them. This was pre-Trammel/Felucca, when the world was just one world and you couldn't escape pk'ing by flipping to "the otherside".

I think the current raiders and protesters could provide a wonderful chance for all of us bringing back non consentual PvP to UO, bringing it even to Trammel. I will be full of sorrows and pain because I will need to learn how to survive. But we did it before Trammel, we will learn to adapt. Even your friends could be tempted to come back - as raiders. I have never heard of them before, those were not my shards.

I think the current raiders and protesters could provide a wonderful chance for all of us bringing back non consentual PvP to UO, bringing it even to Trammel. I will be full of sorrows and pain because I will need to learn how to survive. But we did it before Trammel, we will learn to adapt. Even your friends could be tempted to come back - as raiders. I have never heard of them before, those were not my shards.

Heh, Juevo Diablo were not my friends. They are just an important part of my UO experience during 1997-2000. They played a big role in me and my buddies learning how to survive their attacks (hardly ever) and we still had fun, despite the constant threat of being pk'd. It was the Wild West, so to speak and even the simple act of mining ore or chopping trees made us feel like we had accomplished something if we survived an attack by JD, or any other PK'rs. I can't really describe it other than to say it added a level of 'tension' to our activities.

I remember well the guild JD and the player Alice Cooper, Juggernaught and others on Chesapeake in the early days.

Raising your skills, either in the upper world or the dungeon, you always had a keen eye open for the red names coming into your screen.

Fight or flight, one or the other. :) Mostley F1, hotkey, Run Forest Run.

i miss non-con pvp. it was great, but it isn't coming back in UO. UO2 maybe, someday =P

there is definitely still a desire for it - the best servers in WoW are mostly PvP+ servers. but the old days of UO would be considered way too 'harsh' for current gen MMOers. we can dream though ;)

Maybe salami tactics could be the right thing - I am opposing the idea to "just bring back the old times and make 100% like 199x again". Some of the new things after 199x are nice and would be utterly missed. One salami-slice strategy that came to my mind would be introducing real players as part of the army of raiders. Maybe not too suddenly, maybe not everywhere, maybe not for good but just for the moment. Step by step, slice by slice.